Hershey stickers

Restorer32

Happily received it Tuesday,  This will be 56 years in a row !!

I just love the time luxuriating in the entire atmosphere  there.

The group we camp with ranges from 80 to 97,  and it's wonderful !

These forums, the people here  all have enlivened my feelings and  knowledge of the hobby.

I will never know most of the persons who represent them selves here but I know they are everywhere at Hershey.

• Like 2

Received mine yesterday as well!

I've been camping on the green field and setting up, but we traded our small camper for a big one so that's not an option this year.  Will stay at KOA in Elizabethtown, drive in Thursday and Friday to field.  My have a friend on one of my spaces staying in a Scotty, and his name is Scott, so appropriate.  GBF-32/33, I just tell people remember "Great Big Fellow"......

Should have numerous early car parts for sale, plus some Pierce Arrow memorabilia and such.  I have a couple of early two-piece brass windshields, but last year little interest in them, if anyone needs one let me know.

See y'all there!

• Like 1

Received our stickers here on long island yesterday as well. As mentioned here by others , I too need to get some stuff packed or at least picked out , ready to go. May post a photo or two of a couple of things that won't go there unless pre sold as they can then be delivered and I won't have to try to pack to send/ship. One is a large framed showroom poster for a 1930 Franklin Dietrich bodied 4 dr convertible with Charles Lindbergh at the wheel, perhaps a porcelain sign, and perhaps a really heavy large pewter silver plated winged wheel trophy from 1909 . ( the latter was posted in photos on the Vanderbilt Cup races site recently) Really looking forward to seeing everyone. Last year and this year Hershey is my only car show/flea market due to my on going recovery from surgery. This will be my 54th Hershey in a row.

Got mine too - all set here for another great year.  Walt, will try and get over to your spot this year for a quick visit. As I recall you are close to Neil Sugermeyer, our resident Franklin guy.  Bring me an old spark plug!

Terry GCC-5, 6.

• Like 1

Mine arrived yesterday. 50 Years in a Row! Seams like yesterday we stood at the snow fence in the Blue Field and wondered if the Swap Meet would ever reach the road with the nursery on the other side. Today that spot is under the closest rollercoaster. Still have my 1969 Dave Ficken Hershey guide. I'll post a photo of the field lay out for the new guys. Bob 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1937hd45 said:

Mine arrived yesterday. 50 Years in a Row! Seams like yesterday we stood at the snow fence in the Blue Field and wondered if the Swap Meet would ever reach the road with the nursery on the other side. Today that spot is under the closest rollercoaster. Still have my 1969 Dave Ficken Hershey guide. I'll post a photo of the field lay out for the new guys. Bob 

Wow, I still have some of those old Dave Ficken guides.  They were simple but great.  Hey, everything was simpler back then.  I do like the cell-phone stuff though, Sue can wander and find me stuff.  She texts photos to me.  Remember those old banks of pay phones?  We've come a long ways.

Terry

1 hour ago, Terry Bond said:

Wow, I still have some of those old Dave Ficken guides.  They were simple but great.  Hey, everything was simpler back then.  I do like the cell-phone stuff though, Sue can wander and find me stuff.  She texts photos to me.  Remember those old banks of pay phones?  We've come a long ways.

Terry

I have to admit that the iPhone camera phone deal would be worthwhile at a large swap meet, but the $1,000+ cost and schooling time just isn't worth the bother. Bob 

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:25 AM, trimacar said:

Received mine yesterday as well!

I've been camping on the green field and setting up, but we traded our small camper for a big one so that's not an option this year.  Will stay at KOA in Elizabethtown, drive in Thursday and Friday to field.  My have a friend on one of my spaces staying in a Scotty, and his name is Scott, so appropriate.  GBF-32/33, I just tell people remember "Great Big Fellow"......

Should have numerous early car parts for sale, plus some Pierce Arrow memorabilia and such.  I have a couple of early two-piece brass windshields, but last year little interest in them, if anyone needs one let me know.

See y'all there!

Will look you up. Would the windshield fit a 2 cy Maxwell?

Tom Muth

On 9/4/2019 at 6:03 PM, kings32 said:

Will try to stop by Terry got the 72 MGB finished this summer Angilica drove it to our GR show , won a award . She loves driving it  Kings32

That's great news - Susan will be happy there is another MG girl on the road.

MG Girl on Autocar.jpg

• Thanks 1

Got our stickers this week also, our booth has gotten a bit fancier than  our first year having a space in 1972. We camped in the back of a 67 Ranchero with bows I made out of 1/2" conduit with a tarp over it. Brand new tarp and it leaked like a sieve, luckily a friend had some plastic which we put over the canvas to get by.

Hershey-1972.jpeg

Our Chocolate Field stickers came today,

Row CG- 32,33,34

see you there,

or at the Chocolate Field AACA National Membership Tent - First thing Thursday morning,

or come to CJE after Friday Judging School - FREE !!

Marty, you'll be fairly close to us, we're real close to the AACA Membership booth there.  Susan and I are sked for the late Thursday PM shift.  See you sometime during the week I'm sure.   Susan and I still talk about how much fun we had touring around PR together.

Terry

20161007_134036.jpg

Just now, Terry Bond said:

Marty, you'll be fairly close to us, we're real close to the AACA Membership booth there.  Susan and I are sked for the late Thursday PM shift.  See you sometime during the week I'm sure.   Susan and I still talk about how much fun we had touring around PR together.

Terry

20161007_134036.jpg

Thanks Terry,

You know that Dale and I enjoyed the all-too-short time in PR with you and Sue, Luis,  and Yarmira, and look forward to visiting again - hopefully on tour, and beyond. Dale and I plan to drive this year's Glidden, as well as next year's Reliability Tours.

Your Hershey space is always a treasure trove for those of us who appreciate quality, both in the merchandise, as well as the folks who provide it.

Just a few weeks back our grandson Nathan, now a college senior, referred to the time you two joined us in the '37 Roadmaster during a Founders Tour

Started polishing the brass on my 1912 T, has to look good for my Century Club cloisonné badge. Found a tour badge this year from the 1950 Glidden Tour that it was restored for, and this photo taken on the Glidden September 12, 1950 that was 69 years ago this coming Thursday. Car looks pretty much the same, if the brass gets shined. Bob 

DSCF3843.JPG

4 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Started polishing the brass on my 1912 T, has to look good for my Century Club cloisonné badge. Found a tour badge this year from the 1950 Glidden Tour that it was restored for, and this photo taken on the Glidden September 12, 1950 that was 69 years ago this coming Thursday. Car looks pretty much the same, if the brass gets shined. Bob 

DSCF3843.JPG

Bob, how many times are you asked:

"Are you the original owner?"

Our Green Field stickers arrived this week. This will be our 20th year as vendors selling 1937-46 Chevy and GMC truck parts. Over the years we have made good friends with customers from all over the US; and great folks from outside the US- most notably Canada, Great Britain, Northern and Western Europe; Argentina, and many other countries. We may struggle with the language barrier, but they know you have the right part when they get it into their hands! Below you see our spaces last year, as a impromptu rickshaw rides off fully loaded to Ontario, Canada; and then our trailer now fully packed for 2019. See us at GAI 18-19. Many thanks to the Hershey Region for all they do to make our annual pilgrimage delightful!

8845861B-AB04-4AA8-BD2B-F183D1C4A627.jpeg

B3A79E54-9690-4532-9107-B531ED1F33C6.jpeg