Some rotting Opels

jcmiller

Thank you for asking, but I'm not interested. If the car was closer and I was younger I'd probably look into it, but not now. It's a shame, really. A few years ago I tried to find one and eventually gave up. I have no room for another project, nor am I interested in taking one on at this stage of my life. Anything else I buy from now on has to be something that I can drive home, and that needs little more than an oil change and a tune-up. I do hope that someone rescues it. There are a couple of organizations like the Opel Motorsports Club and the Opel Association of North America that would likely have people interested in it.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not personally interested, and I don't know of anyone who is. I can understand the owner's concern about posting his contact information publicly, but he needs to understand that the market for what he has is very limited and the more exposure he gets the more likely the cars will be put to better use than being melted and repurposed. Given that our correspondence on this issue is nearly six months old there appears to be no urgency on the owner's part to be rid of the cars. If the owner is serious about offering the cars to the collector car community I suggest that he sign up to the Opel forums himself (link above in one of my earlier posts). It costs nothing and he can do the PM thing so as to limit the availability of his contact information.