richie3

1922 Roamer

Powered by Rochester Duesenberg Engine.  Complete Car.  Engine Runs.  Unrestored.  Unmolested.  Metal in Excellent Condition.  Wood in Poor Condition.  More Photos Available upon Request.  $85,000.  Possible Trade.  rwill1914 at aol.com

DSC_0284.JPG

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

• Like 2

Good day sir   Are the top bows with the car and could you forward some photos of the gauges and the back of the car.thank you        robert-smith02@bigpond.com

Wow! I'm impressed. How many could be left? I saw a restored Roamer, in a roadster body at the old Meadowbrook Hall show some time back. While most of us recall the 3 famous Ps....Packard, Peerless and Pierce-Arrow, many do not know about the 3 famous Rs....The Richelieu, Roamer and ReVere. They all used the same Rochester-Duesenberg powerplant. Believe it or not, I also have a Roamer, in fact, I also have a ReVere and a Richelieu, all still buried in 70+ year storage. My great uncle picked them all up during the WW2 scrap drives. The Richelieu is the only one left to exist and that is a fact. It was the only known Richelieu to exist as far back as the 1950s. Only 50 were built in Asbury Park N.J. between 1922 and 23.

Edited by RICHELIEUMOTORCAR (see edit history)
  • Like 4

I will pay $20,000 for a complete Rochester Duesenberg engine. Less for a parts motor. Thanks George Albright cell weekdays best 352 843  1624.  Email gnalbright@gmail.com 

• Like 1

I have a Daniels too, a big luxury car from the 20s made in Reading PA which is almost a twin in many ways to the 3 Rs. Several Daniels are still floating around here and there. One was at Hershey a few years back.

• Like 2

Just now, George Albright said:

I will pay $20,000 for a complete Rochester Duesenberg engine. Less for a parts motor. Thanks George Albright cell weekdays best 352 843  1624.  Email gnalbright@gmail.com 

I do not have a spare engine George, sorry, just the engines that are in the cars and 20k is not going to touch these cars. I could not get them out of storage anyways.

• Like 1

I am interested in your car. Brian Coffee 937-776-7202. Thanks

I should have been born wealthy instead of, well, whatever I was born? THAT is a car I could really fall in love with!  I need to go out and work on my model T so I can go on tours again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

I should have been born wealthy instead of, well, whatever I was born? THAT is a car I could really fall in love with!  I need to go out and work on my model T so I can go on tours again.

The Gilmore car museum has a 1921 Roamer with Rochester Duesenberg engine.   It has a great presence!  

108FE00F-B2A1-484B-8CD7-9F97310CE282.jpeg

9ABECFEB-6A00-4326-8F45-C8751D569622.jpeg

• Like 1

there is a 1918 listed on HCCA. Question is, what motor does it have in it?  Not the Duesenberg apparently.

Roamer still available, due to lack of payment. Trades on pre 1910 brass era considered