1922 Model 45 in the Bugle Marketplace

B Jake Moran

6 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

I can't find much information on line on this model.   Is this a 4 cylinder?  Wheelbase?

1992 Buick Model 45, 5 passenger touring. Barn Find, mostly complete, only 2nd owner. Needs full restoration.

1992??  For a prewar car, a model 45 would be a 6 cylinder.

16 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

1992??  For a prewar car, a model 45 would be a 6 cylinder.

Larry

Still drinking coffee after a driven Michigan road trip, which included the Gilmore.  It was mostly a business trip, north of Port Huron.  I was determined to put some fun in the trip.    Really liked that state highway 25 from Port Huron up to Harbor Beach where my customer was.  Stayed 2 nights in Port Huron, will definitely get a B & B closer to Harbor Beach next year if I do this again. 

Thanks for the information on the model 45, 1922

Thanks Larry.   I call that manageable with my small garage and perhaps a decent performer all things considered.  I could only find one on - line a recent auction result. And it was 2 tone brown.  Unlikely original offered colors. 

Image result for 1922 - 45 touring

Well I did find a black one on 2nd look-

Image result for 1922 - 45 touring

Here are some photos of one John Fesser and I worked on outside of Baltimore back in 2013.car4new.jpg.4cc00746fc143b610dc2b03c4fa7d7f1.jpgcar5new.jpg.42e03c478ff9e7342668b018193f75cd.jpg

1782078931_001(811x1024).thumb.jpg.63304d3be88fda02231d18866bfbe4c4.jpg

This is what the dealer was asking for the car back in 2015 I believe after they did some work and installed 5 new tires. I do not know what the car actually sold for. When the former owner had the car and was trying to sell it after it sitting for about 5 years. We offered $9,500. there was about a truckload of spare parts that was to come with it . When I asked at the dealership they knew nothing about the parts. And I told the new owner to contact the previous owners family about them.

I spoke to the new owner afterward when he had some issues with the car. I offered to come down to help and never heard from him again