AHa

What car is this?

Image result for locomobile pictures"

This is either the1905 car or one of the model 40 cars raced in the 08 fairmont. You can just see the the four exhaust pipes exiting the hood. There is a round tank behind the seat so I'm leaning toward the model 40. More research is required.

Edited by AHa (see edit history)

Image result for locomobile pictures"

Ok, now we have a transitional photo. This is the 1905 car but instead of the gas tank under the frame, we have the tank behind the seat. I'm not really good at this so it takes me time and new pictures and new information adds to the understanding. The 1905 car has a short fairing around the cockpit that is open inside with an oiler attached to the flat dash underneath the fairing. The 1906 cars had a slopped floorboard, longer fairing, and a tank under the fairing.

Edited by AHa (see edit history)

image.thumb.png.f9d7c3b82f30b1b05e82aa47004786ba.png

Here is the mystery car again. Same two position grab bars, same thin spoked wheels, same tire locks, same rounded felloes, same horn. This car though, has some kind of tank under the cowl, as indicated by the filler neck. Old 16 also has the filler neck

image.png

What nice pictures, I sure wish we could dial in and hear the rest of the story of each picture you have posted.  I wonder how many years each of these factory race cars were campaigned actively and competitively? 

Al