1963, 361 mechanical temp sender

Best place to put a mechanical temp sender probe in a 361?  Only had the car a week and am going over it and cannot find any plug to take out and insert the probe for a mechanical temp gauge.  Can't even find where the factory one is.  Closest I can find is a thin purple wire disappearing under the AC compressor.  No plug in the water pump I can see.

2 hours ago, 61polara said:

Follow the purple wire.  It should be under the A/C compressor.  My car isn't handy for a picture and has no A/C, but it is on top of the front of the engine just under where the compressor would be.

Tight space but it's there...

• Like 1

One of the weekend projects is getting a mechanical gauge in the car.  My manual should be here today so been blind.  Going to also look at whats going on behind the heater/AC buttons that seemed locked up and don't do anything. Found the vac lead that goes in there and need to plug that off for the time being. See if that is causing a rough low idle from a vac leak.  New radiator. Have the parts needed to swap out to a dual master as well.  Goal is to make this a 3-4 day a week driver to work.