Warner T3A Transmission - wanted

147 Franklin Airman

Hi

Does anyone have either the Eccentric gear (49500) and the Intermediate gear (49487) or a complete Warner T3A Hi-Flex transmission that they are willing to sell?

This is from my 1930 Series 14.

Of course I would not refuse a working Detroit 4 speed if there are any out there.

Eccentric gear.jpg

T3A transmission.jpg

Edited by 147 Franklin Airman (see edit history)

Ouch !

Things to keep in mind. If your lucky enough to find a good four speed, either Detroit or Warner, you'll need the bell housing and drive shaft that were with that model of four speed. Or at least have a driveshaft shop change the length of the driveshaft you have now.  The 4 spd bell housings and driveshafts are not the same size as the 3 spds. 

And you'll likely have to modify the floor boards to fit the different shift tower,..... and the different hand brake position of a Warner 4 spd.

Been there.

Paul

1 minute ago, PFitz said:

Ouch !

Things to keep in mind. If your lucky enough to find a good four speed, either Detroit or Warner, you'll need the bell housing and drive shaft that were with that model of four speed. Or at least have a driveshaft shop change the length of the driveshaft you have now.  The 4 spd bell housings and driveshafts are not the same size as the 3 spds. 

And you'll likely have to modify the floor boards to fit the different shift tower,..... and the different hand brake position of a Warner 4 spd.

Been there.

Paul

Thanks Paul

I wasn't sure if the Detroit would fit straight in, so I will keep looking for a 3 speed Warner.

Martin

Hello, I have a totally rebuilt warner T3A transmission. I have it as a backup just in case something would happen to my trans in my 1931 151. I am very reluctant to sell but will sell to a club member to get the car back on the road. I can write you a list of what has been done . It has not been in a car since being rebuilt and was done in March of 2018. You can PM me or look me up in the Franklin roster. I do not know how shipping would go .Thank you  Jim Bockin

53 minutes ago, 29 franklin said:

Hello, I have a totally rebuilt warner T3A transmission. I have it as a backup just in case something would happen to my trans in my 1931 151. I am very reluctant to sell but will sell to a club member to get the car back on the road. I can write you a list of what has been done . It has not been in a car since being rebuilt and was done in March of 2018. You can PM me or look me up in the Franklin roster. I do not know how shipping would go .Thank you  Jim Bockin

I have sent you an email Jim. 

3 hours ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

You can trust Jim. 100% stand up guy.  Looking at your trans from the perspective of the old days of running hot rod Mopars and street racing I can honestly say yours has shit the bed.  May I ask if this just let go under normal driving ?

Hi Brooklyn

All is good with Jim.

I had pulled away going downhill and as soon as I went into 2nd she let go and of course the clutch doesn't do anything as the wheels were still turning the transmission. Not the first time this has happened to me.