Gerbzo24

1928 model A pick up

I have a 1928 model a pick up that hasn’t run since 1992. The choke is frozen, but I believe motor will crank. It has a homemade paint job, no real rust or rot. I am not much of a mechanic and want it to go to someone who wants to get it running and enjoy it. My question is, what is it worth? All I see is antique cars for sale that are fully restored. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Lots of pictures and a general location will help as values do differ by region depending on condition. 

• Like 1

What part of NY are you in.  I'm looking for a new toy.  This might just fit the bill. 

Figures.  Everything seems to be on the island. 

What part of the Island?  East or close to the city?  Could take the Ferry out of CT but that's a 6 hour adventure from here. 

I could see driving that around.  What part of the island are you on?  I might be interested. 

On 8/27/2019 at 8:17 PM, Gerbzo24 said:

I have a 1928 model a pick up that hasn’t run since 1992. The choke is frozen, but I believe motor will crank. It has a homemade paint job, no real rust or rot. I am not much of a mechanic and want it to go to someone who wants to get it running and enjoy it. My question is, what is it worth? All I see is antique cars for sale that are fully restored. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

D9A8DC03-8A23-4027-A403-1C8DFF6EDB1C.jpeg

I saw a near identical cosmetic condition but running (ironically even same color combo) 1930 Roadster pickup on Craigslist in NH for 8500 OBO.  I was thinking originally around 6500 not running needing tires etc. and other servicing to get it on the road if it's pretty much rust free with no major old patchwork.   Of course the not running thing can end in a full engine rebuild radiator etc.  or just  a tune up, carb rebuild,  and fluid change.  Not Knowing what the cost to get it up and running is what drives it down to the 6500 range.   Do you have paperwork on it as well?  That will make a huge difference to some buyers. 

I still wish I was closer to get a better look at it. I could have alot of fun getting it up and running so I could drive it around.