Keyless entry remotes

Guest Shaffer

Guest Shaffer

Does anyone have a book showing what GM parts are interchangable? The keyless entry remote with my 92 Park Avenue is not working and is cracked. All of the ones I find on E-Bay have different part numbers, but they look identical and the description lists that they will work with most 91-96 Buicks. Does anyone know what the following remote number will interchange with any other remote part number? Thanks

92 Buick Park Avenue remote entry part #'s-

AB00302T 218 K800

The part number can be different, just match up the FCC ID. Any GM keyless entry remote that transmits using the same method on the same frequency will have the same FCC ID number. For instance, the FCC ID number on the back of my keyless entry fob for my 2001 Sonoma is KOBLEAR1XT. I matched that FCC ID number to a remote I found on eBay that came from a Pontiac. Once I went through the programming step to have my truck recognize the new remote, it had no problem with the "Pontiac" remote. Of course I now have one fob for my truck with a trunk open icon, but hey, whats an extra button?

Guest Shaffer

Thanks for the replies. I went to the site and the "FCC #" listed on my remote is not even there. One number is different on the only listing. My # is ABOO302T and the closest number there is ABOO303T. Remote looks the same though. I will see if I can find a "303T". Also too, now I know I need to look for the "FCC" code, instead of the other numbers. Thanks again.

• 3 months later...
Guest Shaffer

To update- a couple of months ago- I won a remote for my 92 Park Avenue on E-Bay. I still have not had it programmed. If I recall, somewhere here said it was listed in the owners manual how to program the remote, rather than taking it to the dealer. I bought a new manual for the car and actually, it is not listed. They said it mentioned something about jumping a wire in the connector under the dash panel. Does anyone know exactly what I need to do? Chrysler charged me $20. to program the one to my 95 Concorde. Thanks for any help.