Wanted 89 With WORKING Touch Screen Dash *DELETED*

Some slight flaws but I think more than reasonable value. If I had an interest I would be using "Ask Seller a Question" about the abs light and the $120 to $180 fees. Love the color! You just might ask a local member for an eyes on opinion.

Karlton, you never gave an indication of what your budget and expectations are. I perhaps mistakenly projected my views on what would be acceptable to me, coupled with perhaps a little bit of a knee-jerk reaction to the ad's contention that the car is <span style="font-style: italic">virtually flawless</span>.

One thing that bothered me about the ad itself was that they tell you the car is in such great condition, and fail to mention any defects. Nonetheless, the ABS light is definately "on", and the front parking lights do not appear to be working in conjunction with the headlights being on in the picture. Additionally there appears to be a fair amount of wear and tear to the interior. For what appears to be car dealer to not disclose these problems, coupled with a feedback rating of '0' gives me unease about the situation., I mean what else is wrong with this car that they haven't disclosed?

Certainly a 14 year old car is going to have some wear, but it seems like this is not a well cared for automobile we are looking at here, and Philidelphia is awfully far from CA so they know they won't be seeing you at their door if this thing turns out to be a heap. Just something to think about.

P.S. ...........

Putting color preferances aside for a moment.... There appear to be a number of low mileage vehicles in your area that you could take a look at. Even if you are dead-set against buying the cars in those colors, It will give you a good feel for what to expect in a given price range, and who knows, you might even fall in love with one.

Also keep in mind that shipping a car from Philiadelphia is gonna probably add I dunno..$800 to $1000 to your purchase price if you buy the car sight unseen. If you fly out to inspect it first you are looking at the airfare costs as well.

White and Red are out. I want a car that I can drive everyday (I do not do much anymore).

I think no more then 5K as with anything less would be better. But I am set on a 88 or 89.

My alarm is going off on this one too. I called got an answering machine, then got no call back during his business hours. tongue.gif

I found a Burg / Tan in Toledo but much to my susprize the guy was so honest about its defects I had ot pass. Now ther was a man of honor. I almost took it because he was so honest. smile.gif

Question for group how many Burg / Tans are out there?

SO many are White or Red

My Rating looks like

White

Red

Silver

Blue

Burg

Later Gold

Am I wrong here? tongue.gif

This car was on Ebay a couple of months ago, I only remember it as they made a big deal about it belonging to Ronald Reagan's daughter confused.gif , but I think it was burgandy with a tan interior and its in LA

'89 REATTA. Formally owned by Ronald Reagan's daughter. Documented proof. Car in very good cond $5000 obo (2nap085) 916-991-8418 P/p

Guest wally888

My 91, at 1st glance, white w/ red interior, appears to be very common.

But if only 1300 were made, less than 1/3 white ext., less than 1/4 w/ red int., then I have a rare Reatta/ less than 100 made!

Karlton, Thats pretty cool that yoo are into R/C racing. I thought I was the only one who done that here on the forum. I have a HPI RS4 3 SS. Pretty quick little Car. Has the .12 SS Nitro burner that produces +1 HP. I think there alot of fun. The track that you listed looks very impressive. Wish I lived closer! wink.gif

Dodged another bad deal. CARFAX has 12 or 14 entries on that blue car. Someone did out bid me thank goodness.. Back to lurking for the rite one.... tongue.gif [color:\\"purple\\"]

I would never spill it, that's considered alcohol abuse. But really, I do only drink when a NASCAR race is on or if I'm at the track. I drink Bud to make sure Dale Earnhardt Jr. has enough money to compete in all the scheduled races. tongue.giftongue.gif At the rate I'm goin' though he sould have been this years points champ and not Tony Stewert!! mad.gif