Studebaker 1917/20 parts need

Good afternoon. I am rebuilding a Studebaker six-cylinder from 1917. When I rescue the mechanics I had several missing, which I have managed to get, however I have started with the restoration of the engine and I still find some missing, I ask for help to get and allow me be able to put into operation Respecting originality as much as possible.
In particular I am looking for the "bendix" system that goes on the front outer tip of the crankshaft. And the gear and cover system for the installation of magneto or distributor. This parts are the same in Studebaker 4 cylinders. I add two photos in order to visually identify both parts. I will appreciate who has or can get them, send me photos and the price. (by message via Facebook and / or mail to rodriguezdieguez@cpenet.com.ar) and / or. WhatsApp 54 9 2954 737395. I am from Santa Rosa, La Pampa Argentina. I have been collecting parts for this project for more than 15 years, which I have finally started to repair.
Any kind of collaboration is appreciated. greets Atte Enzo Rodríguez Dieguez

Screenshot_20190825-213532.png

You emailed me and I can not help you with these parts.

The same timing gear was also used for a long time.

I have a 1927 EW  engine that may have the cover and timing gear.

I am having health problems and can not disassemble engines anymore

and would have someone else help me.

I will research and try to help you if no-one else can but please have patience.

Robert Kapteyn 

• Like 1

Enzo,

Well I had a mishap with my 1920 so now I am really wanting to send the original to cat tail foundry in Pennsylvania and have more made, seems to be a weak point. I will keep you posted as to unit price. As for the starter bendix I rebuilt mine I had new dogs ground out of tool steel by a local machine shop,  it is working flawlessly.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 9:25 PM, STUDE48 said:

Enzo,

Well I had a mishap with my 1920 so now I am really wanting to send the original to cat tail foundry in Pennsylvania and have more made, seems to be a weak point. I will keep you posted as to unit price. As for the starter bendix I rebuilt mine I had new dogs ground out of tool steel by a local machine shop,  it is working flawlessly.  

hello thanks for answer.-  If you have some parts for sale to me.- please send pics and price.-  i really need to rebuilt my engine.- regards

On 9/23/2019 at 5:48 PM, 15sd said:

Are you still looking for a starter clutch? I believe I have a spare for my 15. The 15 style has a change from the 14 but it was carried through to 16,17 and 18 series.

Hello, thanks for answer.- yes i m looking for starter cluch.-  if you have one to sale i realy apreciatte..-  please send pics and price.-  best regards

Enzo