victorialynn2

Dad’s ‘57 Ford Skyliner won a trophy!

My brother and I have my father's 30 model,a for years a first place winner,to bad he did not have the time to see it get these.congrats.

• Like 1

Congrats on the award for your Dad's great car.

The trophies are definitely well done and unique.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Dad.

Many years ago we went through a similar situation with our Father, it's tough but visit as often as you can and keep making those great memories.

• Like 1

WOW,  a local celeb.   ;)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/28/2019 at 8:48 AM, JACK M said:

WOW,  a local celeb.   ;)

Not exactly,  but, it’s a nice momento about my dad and his car. 💕

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

Hello everyone. I wanted to let you all know that I just got word that my father passed away. I saw him yesterday and he hadn’t been well the last week or so. I was happy to have several really good visits between him being sick this time and last. It was time for him to be free of his pain and be with the rest of our family. 

• Sad 2

Victoria,

I'm really sorry for your loss.  Mom died a year ago tomorrow, and Dad a few years before that.  You will hopefully come to accept it and be relieved that his physical suffering is over.

Take care,

Jim

• Thanks 1

Victoria, you surely know that your father's life is continuing on.

Nothing can truly take life away from him.

And how much he will remember and appreciate the loving care you gave him!

All the best to you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jim Skelly said:

Victoria,

I'm really sorry for your loss.  Mom died a year ago tomorrow, and Dad a few years before that.  You will hopefully come to accept it and be relieved that his physical suffering is over.

Take care,

Jim

I have and I do. Thank you. 

Victoria,

So sorry for your loss.  Prayers for your family.  

Dale

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Truly  sorry to read of your loss. Those of us that have fine relationships with our parents are lucky; to be good friends as well as father/daughter or father /son is a gift that not everyone has. You and he shared the love of the cars , and that is the memory you will have to cherish every time you see the cars you have or another old car that may be going down the road. Not everyone can have that . Keep well, and keep your comments coming here on the AACA "family" forums .

Walt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

VictoriaLynn

So sorry for your loss. As you said, he is now free from his pain. You have been so caring and helpful to him and you will remember the good times for ever. Not everyone has the same relationship that you and your Dad shared. It’s something you will always treasure. My Dad passed 23 years ago and I still miss him, but I’m able to remember the good times we shared over the years. Stay strong and I look forward to your posts in the future.

Kevin

• Thanks 1

Very sorry to hear of your father's passing.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

It is never easy when you lose a parent and it is especially hard when you had close relationship like the one you had with your father.

Keep his memory alive and don't shy away from doing the things you shared with him. Those activities may hurt at first because you shared them with him and he is no longer there but continuing to do them will help keep his memory alive.

Take your time in the healing process, it took me a year before I transferred the Pierce into my name.

Putting the car in my name was the final act of 'erasing' him from everything and it was a tough thing to do.

Stay strong, it gets easier but the love you shared and bond you had will never go away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deepest condolences on your father's passing.  You did EVERYTHING possible under extremely difficult circumstances.  You will never regret a single minute you spent with him or dealing with his affairs--I've been there and done that. Twenty and more years later, you will approve even more of what you did and the sacrifices you made.  That you were willing to interrupt your own life for several years to liquidate his collections, and do so in a manner to maximize return for his care, is the very definition of "filial piety" so revered by past generations, but sadly, not so much these days.  God bless and keep him--and YOU.

• Thanks 1

Heartfelt condolences to you and your family. You've done a wonderful job not only taking care of your father and his collection, but also continuing to participate in the hobby the way he would have enjoyed. You honor his life and his memory with the traditions you and he enjoyed together. That's what makes this hobby so great and brings families together better than many others.

Best to you and your family in this difficult time. You know you have friends here who support you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Victoria, so sorry for your loss, it is a tough time, and my prayers go out to you and your family. John

• Thanks 1

Thank you everyone for your kind words and wishes. I think he’s upstairs getting a kick out of his announcement being on this thread. 👍 Something tells me he would approve. 

• Like 6

I have been busy escaping Florida and am getting catching up.

Sorry to hear the news.  Stay with us!

Robert

• Thanks 1

I too send my  condolences. I think the our dads are closest to us when we occupy the same driver's seat they loved so much. My best to you at a most difficult time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Victoria, I'm sorry to hear about your father's passing.  You are truly a special daughter to do everything you did to help him.  Many blessings and prayers to you and your family during this hard time.  

• Thanks 1

Victoria, so very sorry to see about your father's passing. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

• Thanks 1