1991 Red/Beechwood Convertible $12,500 obo 18,000 one owner miles

B Jake Moran

Looking at some old data,  there were 66 Red/Tan/Tan  of those some had no options,  some had CD only, some had CD & 16 way, but it looks like only 10 had just the 16 way seats.

Below is my work sheet for the Red 1991 convertibles.....the vehicle vin is listed (last three numbers since you only need that for 91 conv)  and it shows which options that car has.

Very good looking car......  forget the year and that it is a Reatta.......where else can you get a 18,000 mile car for $12,500?

Just talked to a owner in Florida with a 1990 black/tan coupe with sunroof..... he has owned it for 20 years and put on 33,000 during that time.   The kicker is it had 147,000 when he purchased it as

a trade in at the M-B dealer where he worked.  The engine was dead........had a broken cam....he rebuilt the engine and now at 82 thinks he wants to sell.   However he would like to get $7,000 which I told

him was a lofty goal but cars with that mileage (even well maintained) are only selling in the $3,000 - $5,000 range.    He may rethink his price,  If you live in Florida and have an interest I can give you his phone #

91 red conv.jpg

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

I think that the Reatta is a "gap" car for dealers

New(er) car dealers don't want them because they are too old for their market (regardless of the mileage).

Collectable car dealers don't want them because they have not established a following/market.

What seems to be left is the independent used car dealer that can "steal" them,  do a little clean up and double their money.

There is money to be made on this one, make an offer, buy it, detail it, and then market it aggressively and properly.  Contrary to a few opinions on here, the right Reatta's can bring substantial money.  That has been proven on several sells over the past few years.  There are 3 different markets for the Reatta, the beater drivers, the enjoy a fun convertible, and the collector/show cars.  Each has a very distinct pricing.  This Reatta could easily be in the collector show group.