Money Gram - Update - Is it a fool proof way not to get Scammed on buying parts?

Mark Gregory

No. Absolutely not. Money Gram is 100% scam. EVERY TIME.

If you can stop your friend, stop him now. There are no parts. Once he sends that money, it's gone. It's like putting the money in a bag and throwing it over a wall. He will never see anything and the money is untraceable and non-refundable.

This is definitely a scam. Guaranteed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Ronnie changed the title to Money Gram - Is it a fool proof way not to get Scammed on buying parts?

I would like to thank everyone who responded to this post . My friend went and cancelled the order . He is very grateful for the advise . The fellow was based in Florida who asked for MoneyGram . 

You have the right to cancel a remittance transfer for a full refund, including any fees paid to MoneyGram, as long as you do so within a half hour of sending it. If yoususpect fraud or have another reason to cancel a transaction that hasn't yet been picked up, call MoneyGram's customer care center at 1-800-926-9400.

• Like 1

There have been reports in the press about Money Gram being fined for allowing scammers to use their services, then later another big fine for breach of the agreement to better protect consumers.  Quick Google search will turn up the info anyone needs.

Terry

• Like 1

Since you all were so kind to help out my friend he Cancelled the order .

NOW he has received this . Is this a cause for concern or just hot air ? ?

The Money Gram guy is back in my inbox... demanding payment and threatening to call the FBI and report me for fraud. We will see how this all works out.

He has my full name and address... all I have is his Gmail, so I have nothing...

The FBI doesn't investigate consumer fraud. There is no danger. That's just the scammer trying to scare him into throwing that bag of money over the wall so he can catch it. He won't come after your friend, he's not even in this country. It's all bluster. He can be safely ignored.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mark Gregory said:

The Money Gram guy is back in my inbox... demanding payment and threatening to call the FBI and report me for fraud.

Yeah, the scammer wanting justice against the

honest man who was too smart to be cheated!

I agree with Matt above:  Ignore him.

Justice sometimes works in unknown ways, so

he'll find the inside of a jail cell in some way at some time---

• Like 1

If you have a friend near the "sellers" location, have him meet at the local police station to look at the parts.  If legit should not be a problem.

All of us are quite certain that there will be no parts and no one will show up at the local police station. 

note: many police stations have a location where these types of transactions can take place, especially for on line sale sites like Craigslist.

Remember, no tickee, no washee.