greenie

Help ID these older Speedometers; or look what we found in the rain at the Carlisle Corvette Show.

Ok, while every other person over the age of 40 was fawning over the C8 Corvettes(my, don’t they look like the Acura NSX?)- we found these two relics in a vendor’s misc. box. They are about 4 1/4 inches in diameter. One has a nickel plated bezel, the other chrome. Any ideas? Thanks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Top one looks like motorcycle or sports car, bottom one looks like mid 30s MoPar, maybe Plymouth?

Thanks, I agree the bottom one is Ford, most likely 1937. In fact, it is marked “37” on the rim. What is interesting is that this one has a 4 place trip odometer- all the others I’ve seen are 3 digits. Many seem to be Waltham units, this one has no maker’s mark. However, the speedo gear is marked  “Delco Appliance Corp”, Rochester. I guess Ford was using multiple vendors in that timeframe. Now, what about the other speedo??????

image.jpg

The fellers over on the Hamb tagged the top one as a ‘33 Hudson, made by Stewart Warner. Thanks!