Persistant! *DELETED*

Guest wally888

Amen to that! I'd go further, with the following suggested verbiage:

[color:\\"blue\\"]WELCOME, REATTA ENTHUSIASTS. This a free Forum, etc., etc., etc. Explore, read and enjoy. If you wish to post a question or response, we invite your participation. The only requirement is that you be a registered member of the Forum. It's easy and free, and only takes a minute or two. (You need not own a Reatta to be a member.)

Jerry

Guest Reatta1

That would slow up angry Mr. Freon. Don't know what we can do to make him happy. Guess he just doesn't like us. Have mixed emotions about the registering. Have no problem with it myself but other people obviously do. There are things I take a militant stand on but this isn't one of them. The possibility of keeping valuable information out of all our hands is not worth, to me, forcing the issue.

The reason this site exists is to allow peer review and commentary. A valuable function of this board is "reality checks" on pricing. We are here to help each other, and that includes giving opinions on pricing. I don't have any idea what 4 cans of Freon are worth, but registered members whose opinions I respect stated that they felt that the asking price of $200.00 was excessive. The petulant reaction of "Mr. Freon" while mildly entertaining, was completely unwarranted. If a friend of yours were about to pay too much for something, you would say something, wouldn?t you? The communication and pooled knowledge this board affords has saved its members a great deal of money both individually and cumulatively.

Without this board, I?m sure a lot of us would be paying through the nose, ordering our parts from reattaparts.com, but because of it, we can obtain our parts at reasonable prices from other hobbyists like Jim Finn and others.

Look at all the chuckleheads paying ridiculous prices for a $2.00 ?R? logo glued to all manner of household objects on Ebay. They don?t get posted for sale here. Why? Because in an effort to help our fellow Reattaphiles, we would post exactly where to get them yourself to make your own trinkets.

I know that it bothers sellers when a third party interferes with their hoped for transaction, but this is a DISCUSSION FORUM, anything you post is open to discussion, deal with it.

Guest wally888

Freon/smeon!

This is supposed to be a thresd about putting something on the opening page to direct newbies to FAQ, info for potential buyers and a link to reatta.net