Front window meassuring Flanders 1911

Hi.

I know this question probebly not fit on this page,but I wonder if anyone has a Studebaker Flanders 1911 model 20 (or maybe a friend to you have?) that can meassure the front window.I`m helping an old friend of mine to restore the car and want to have those meassuring confirmed or not! Upper 12,5"-Lower 14 3/4" and the wide 40.5" all outside the window frame.( figures taken from an EMF Roadster)

Similar Flanders mod 20 as the car on the picture.

Regards Leif in Sweden.

Bymans Flanders 1911.jpg

Good afternoon. I am rebuilding a Studebaker six-cylinder from 1917. When I rescue the mechanics I had several missing, which I have managed to get, however I have started with the restoration of the engine and I still find some missing, I ask for help to get and allow me be able to put into operation Respecting originality as much as possible.
In particular I am looking for the "bendix" system that goes on the front outer tip of the crankshaft. And the gear and cover system for the installation of magneto or distributor. This parts are the same in Studebaker 4 cylinders. I add two photos in order to visually identify both parts. I will appreciate who has or can get them, send me photos and the price. (by message via Facebook and / or mail to rodriguezdieguez@cpenet.com.ar) and / or. WhatsApp 54 9 2954 737395. I am from Santa Rosa, La Pampa Argentina. I have been collecting parts for this project for more than 15 years, which I have finally started to repair.
Any kind of collaboration is appreciated. greets Atte Enzo Rodríguez Dieguez

Screenshot_20190825-213532.png

• 9 months later...

I asked for help last year,and got in tuch with those two people,and I got  an incredible help from Daryl in US and Steven in Canada,Many THANKS to both  of you.

I started the to finish the restoring of a friend of mines started restoring long time ago!Today he has own the 1911 Flanders for 66 year and he told me he never thought he should see this car on the road or hear  to the enginge running!

I started the ending of the restoring in the beginning of Oktober 2019 to made all 4 fenders as well as running boards as well as a lot other things.

Here are the result after 6 month,not much has been done on the car the last 2 month other than small fix.I have spent around 1100 houers on the car.

Leif in Sweden.

0002 27-9-2019 (1) - kopia red.jpg

0002 27-9-2019 (21) - kopia red.JPG

0039 8-11-2019 (3).JPG

0055-25-11-2019 innerskärm fotstegsplåt,fanering (4).JPG

0126 26-1-2020 målning framskärmar (4).JPG

0156 26-2-2020 tillv.suflett,signalhorn (5).JPG

Besiktning 9-6-2020 13 (8) - kopia.JPG

Besiktning 9-6-2020 13 (11) - kopia.JPG

Besiktningen den 9-6-2020 bilder från Micke på bes (5).JPG

Besiktning 9-6-2020 13 (18) - kopia.JPG

Besiktning 9-6-2020 13 (17) - kopia.JPG

• Like 5

Leif

I remember you sending the picture of the new project. being dragged out of storage. Looked like about a 3-5 year plan

That was 'only' 1100 hours? You work fast!

Is that a testing facility? What is it's purpose, I hope it isn't emissions testing!

Nice work as always!

Brad

Brad.

Hope you feel well in those corona times.Here we are staying at home most of the times,but yesterday we did a short  trip with our 1956 Buick .

This`s the Swedish vehikle testing facility(Svensk bilprovning) and that even include the emissions testing.No problem with the emissions on this Flanders,I had checked it earlier in my garage with my own CO tester

All that for the security when driving on the  Swedish roads and not to high emissions.

If a car has been out of the register you need to do a new registration,this Flanders had been out since around 1925.

Older  vehikles only do this 1 times then they are free to be driven the rest of it`s "live".

All registratet vehikles  as MC:s ,cars,trucks,buses,camps, go thu this testing some of them every year and some of them  every second year.We have had that since 1960:s

The owner have had this 1911 Flanders since 1954 piced up on a "skrap yard"and looked as in the picture here.

He`s 87 years young now,"still going strong" as you say.But not able to finished the restoring!

Leif in Sweden.

Flanders 1911 Serial no.68290  -68  250 Svänghjul o mot.nr 69512 - kopia.jpg

Edited by Leif Holmberg (see edit history)

Leif

My complements on the restoration.

I am happy that you were able to help the owner.

I am 83 years old and can not work on my cars anymore.

I have a building full of projects that need finishing.

I have friends that help me with sorting and inventorying parts.

Thanks for your inspiring posts.

Robert Kapteyn

• Thanks 1