Mars

Headlights

30 CF 4dr. I can't figure out where the hi/lo beam switch is located. 

Are you assuming there is hi and lo beam?

There is no lever on the bottom, just the top that controls the throttle. One listing I found calls for a single contact bulb. Which would make sense. Perhaps the socket got changed to a double.

Posted (edited)

Is the lower lever broken off?

Is there a switch on the bottom of the steering box? It should be a CLUM 8821, same as Dodge Brothers 8.

Mine is set up the same as Tom's.

Here is a roadster in Australia. Note the two levers on steering wheel hub. Is your top lever like this?

image.thumb.png.ae08a9debea9b1362f36abc36d1aade9.png

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)

Gives us some pics here . We can help if we know what lights and levels are showing . there is a single contact bulb in mine for parking light ????Show clum switch if you  have .

Tom

Can we see under side of steering wheel ?  Looks like handle broke off . You have a standard clum switch . Should have number on tin . But screws look like six .  Hot , horn , low , high , parking , and tail .

Option is take jumper from hot ( maybe negative 6 )  number one or battery and touch each to see what it lights .

• Like 1

If the clum switch is the same as the 1930 with two levers on the steering column, the screws on the switch are numbered 1-3-2-4-6-5- starting from the engine. The Mazda headlight lamps are 2 filament and they are connected to terminals 4&6 with the base of the lamp grounded to chassis. The Masda lamps which I have have 2 similar lumen output filaments, so I think the clum switch turns on 1 or both filaments. 

Rick

1930 CK 6 rumble seat coupe

Yours looks same as mine , must be broke off below cap . See attached . Next disconnect power and loosen nut on bottom . This will allow rods to slip up and expose under horn button .

20190824_201433.thumb.jpg.8c0281b1173785607bab65fb0ad3bc78.jpg

I suppose now I need to get a lever to replace the broken one. Any leads? Thanks for all the help everyone. Is it very difficult to replace it? Any tricks?

If Tom does not have what your looking for?  I may bring a complete 1931 Plymouth steering wheel, horn button, lever, and column gearbox, to Hershey, I may have a separate lever and rod just not sure if they are the same design as your 1930 Desoto my brother has a 1930 CF 8 Phaeton really really rare, do not think he has any but if your going to Hershey stop by and see if I brought it.

Space CH74-78 nearby to light pole 56

49 minutes ago, thehandleman said:

If Tom does not have what your looking for?  I may bring a complete 1931 Plymouth steering wheel, horn button, lever, and column gearbox, to Hershey, I may have a separate lever and rod just not sure if they are the same design as your 1930 Desoto my brother has a 1930 CF 8 Phaeton really really rare, do not think he has any but if your going to Hershey stop by and see if I brought it.

Space CH74-78 nearby to light pole 56

The 1931 Plymouth item is completely different and matches the 1931 Chrysler CM6 and 1931 DB DH6 item.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, thehandleman said:

John, I thought they were different what about this 1930 U see pics

6C579621-892D-42A6-A684-F642A1DA7606.jpeg

77D8EAD2-DD94-41E4-8C78-6198EE14E559.jpeg

FE830F50-98A3-474C-921B-9F40CC407ECB.jpeg

THAT one looks like the correct one for the above DeSoto. One thing you HAVE to check is the LENGTH of the center tube. Sometimes those can differ in length.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Thanks for the response. Is there anything out there to purchase? I probably won't make it to Hershey.