Sign in to follow this  
sagefinds

1920's touring rear tub Packard?Stude?

The previous owner thought it was Studebaker but with that duck tail I'm not sure,no books I have show a good rear view of either.  Definitely a target at one time anyway.  Any help appreciated.

IMG_5877.JPG

IMG_5878.JPG

IMG_5879.JPG

Early 1920's Packard Sport.   The 4 passenger Sport body is very different from the 5 & 7 passenger models and rare.

• Like 1

Wow,thanks David,sounds like you know. Now who has one that was made into a pickup years ago and needs this.

See if you can find out where it came from. You never know, more of it might still be sitting there. One of the very best 1920's Packard's in my eyes.

Greg in Canada

Sagefinds, yes I have one,  this is my 1922 Sport, that rear section fits both 6 & eight cylinder Packard Sport cars up to around mid 1920.  That small reverse sweep in the tub where it meets the chassis is the giveaway , you can see it in the drawing.  Unfortunately I do not know of anyone searching for the rear tub

f73285784.jpg

236 Sport dimensions .jpg

Greg,

I got it from a collector in Nebraska and there was not another nut or bolt connected to it or I would have it. If someone had even a cowl and chassis this piece might make it worth building a car out of it. David's is sure a beauty,thanks again. I'll probably move it to the For Sale section shortly.

Steve