Thank you both Ben and Frank.

I have just been writting an account of our first  visit to England when we met so many of our Lagonda Rapier friends. That was in 1977. It is quite amazing that many of these same people we are still in regular contact with. Our Rapier family.

It was not until some years later that the Dixie Flyer was the catalyst for my joining the AACA and this forum. This too has become a important part of my life.

It is difficult, no impossible, to imagine my life without "Old Cars". I hope that the people at "Kentucky Trailer" are continuing to give the Firefly the love and care that it deserves. Somehow I doubt that they truly understand how important these "Links" are.  

340108089_DixieFlyer.jpeg.a8781e7040fed171bad3718cb5d837e2.jpegKentucky Trailer: A Servant Leader Company

The Dixie Flyer is seen here standing in the Kentucky Wagon Company's original Louisville factory, where it was first assembled. It now is to be seen at theThe  Kentucky Trailer Company's new factory complex still on the outskirts of Louisville.

Bernie j.

Edited by oldcar (see edit history)

So ok, How are you all surviving in your enforced isolation.

I have been busy out in the garage, where else? Packing up all the Singer "stuff" ready for the day that the new owner can organise to have it collected.

Meanwhile I am waiting for the International mail to bring me the new Rapier water pump drive flange from England. Once it arrives I can switch my attention back to the Rapier, something to look forward to! Meanwhile there are one or two little jobs I can attend to.  I also have two rather grubby modern cars to wash. Helens VW Jetta and my Peugeot. So I will not be suffering too much from boredom.  This litle enforced slow down is an ideal time to catch up with all sorts of chores that we tend to put off.

Back to work!  Well for me at least, not until the morning.

Bernie j.

Oh yes!  Happy Easter!  Just go gently on the Chocolate Eggs and Hot Cross Buns. We must all keep an eye on our waist-bands!

• Haha 1

Happy Easter to you to Bernie.

My wife, May, has been furloughed from her job, so my "Honey Do" list is revised daily.  She is getting a preview of what retirement will be like.  lol 

You are correct, I go to the garage to hide out.

Off to work.

Hello Frank

That sounds familiar, you may appreciate this cartoon that has been pined up over my desk for some years now. It comes down every so often but then rather than "bin" it, it just goes back on the wall where it is a constant reminder.

Back to work, no matter how difficult it may be to make a start!

Brmmmmm

Bj.

1588161035_DixieFlyer.jpeg.a28f0031a73fdf7a10f1b8322306c645.jpeg

• Haha 1

As I have now sold my latest Singer project I am left with something of a problem. After all I did not originally start this thread although I do seem to have taken it over my question is should I continue on with it albeit with subjects other than Singers or return to one of the threads that I have started some itme ago? One of the  likely place would be this one in "Our cars and Restoration Projects although as quoted below even then almost two years ago I expressed a preference for this part of the Forum. All this being so I almost convinced myself to return to this thread. But then again I have decided to remain under the British Cars heading with a new Thread devoted, even in name only to Lagonda Rapiers...... 

As I have now sold my latest (last) Singer project I am left with something of a problem. After all I did not originally start this thread although I do seem to have taken it over, my question is should I continue on with it albeit with subjects other than Singers or return to one of the threads that I have started some itme ago?  I have spent the greater part of today packing up all the loose Singer stuff ready for it to be transported to its new owner "whenever" that can be arranged. 

I have started a new thread under "British cars etc. LAGONDA RAPIER so you should not miss it.

oldcar. aka Bernie j.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...