1930 DeSoto...part needed

TractorGuy

My husband and I are working on a 1930 DeSoto. We have it running but now to get it moving...need a main drive gear bearing retainer. The number on the piece is T2C-6. The part number might be 42954, but not certain about that. The transmission is WG T2C-1. Any help finding one of these would be greatly appreciated.

1566395319945.jpg

1566395293105.jpg

Edited by TractorGuy
Added Picture (see edit history)

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:31 PM, TractorGuy said:

Thank you, Mike in Colorado...but it's made of pot metal and I don't think this can be welded.

Oh but you can "weld" pot metal.

It's called "muggy weld" and it is the closest thing to TIG that you can get with a torch.

Look it up on youtube..........

Mike in Colorado

4 hours ago, FLYER15015 said:

Oh but you can "weld" pot metal.

It's called "muggy weld" and it is the closest thing to TIG that you can get with a torch.

Look it up on youtube..........

Mike in Colorado

But we have some pieces missing so even then it wouldn't work...but thank you.

6 hours ago, Rich in Fla. said:

Hi.  I'm in your same boat --  I need trans part (cluster-gear) for my 31 Chrysler-6 .  I'll look for your part if you'll look for mine !!!

Thanx.  Rich.  Text= 954-336-0027. 

Sounds good...If I see one for you I will definitely let you know.

There is a place on the North side of Ft Collins Co that could rough cast you one of those out of that hard bronze. You would have to have it machined back to specifications but it should last a lifetime after that. That stuff is so hard it's even a challenge to machine it. Sounds like you could do a run of ten or twelve and help out others. I don't have the contact info but could get it if interested.

Steve in Cheyenne

I haven't had time to be one here for a while but I want to thank you all for your helpful suggestions.

We found a machine shop that will make the part for us. With the original part being pot metal, even if we were able to find another original we may just end up having the same problem when we try to put it to use. The new one will be aluminum and so much stronger. Hopefully this will solve the issue and we will be able to get the car in motion.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TractorGuy said:

I haven't had time to be one here for a while but I want to thank you all for your helpful suggestions.

We found a machine shop that will make the part for us. With the original part being pot metal, even if we were able to find another original we may just end up having the same problem when we try to put it to use. The new one will be aluminum and so much stronger. Hopefully this will solve the issue and we will be able to get the car in motion.

Great.  So how much it cost ???

• 1 month later...

hi all. well it was to good to last. with all the old cars we have it was bound to happen and it did today. I got involved in a car accident in the 1930 Desoto cf sedan. was a hit and run of course. I stepped out of car to get the mail and i

as I stepped behind the car some idiot wasn't paying attention I guess and just ran into the back corner of the car and then whipped my door as he went by and damaged that to. then the coward took off and left. we think we have seen the truck in the neighbor hood and have been looking but cant find it. now to the issue at hand.

I,m needing at least the drivers side rear fender and the passenger side is repairable but if I can find both rear fenders ill do that. I can fix the rest but I need the fenders.

does anyone know what years or models will interchange on it.mine is a 1930 cf 4dr sedan. if you have fenders or know of some call me please jim 913 226 0635

thumbnail_20191026_161829 (2).jpg

thumbnail_20191026_161848 (2).jpg

thumbnail_20191026_161859 (2).jpg

thumbnail_20191026_161906 (2).jpg

Edited by Big Dawg (see edit history)