Source for the '54 Folding Seat Bumper

Fr. Buick

I imagine this applies to '55 Buicks as well.  A friend is looking, and I can't find it either - a source for new rubber disks that the folding front seat rests on when in the upright position. 

I think they are the same across all series on two-door cars  About the size of a quarter, angled, mounted with a machine screw recessed in the center.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Fr. Buick
Correct a typo (see edit history)

Fr. Buick:

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I purchased the two-hole stops some years ago from Bob's Automobilia for my '55 Century.

There are also these one-hole stops on Bob's website but he claims they are for the '57-58 year Buicks.

Capture.JPG

Captured.JPG

Edited by packick (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Fr. Buick said:

I imagine this applies to '55 Buicks as well.  A friend is looking, and I can't find it either - a source for new rubber disks that the folding front seat rests on when in the upright position. 

I think they are the same across all series on two-door cars  About the size of a quarter, angled, mounted with a machine screw recessed in the center.

Any help is appreciated.

I had come up with the same notes from Bob's as packick, and was about to forward when I noticed that you already had them-

also checked but could not find comparables at Steele Rubber

1 hour ago, packick said:

Hopefully someone from Bob's follows this Forum so that they can change their "applicable years" in their catalog for these bumpers.  The bumpers were also correct for my '55 Century.

They must have used both versions depending on factory or availability.  My 55 Century convertible and 55 Special (46R) parts car had the elongated version.

• Like 1

Old Tank:

Because of your reply, you made me get off my comfy chair and walk all the way out to the garage to look at my '55 Century seat.  And you are right, mine have the elongated stoppers too.  It must have been one of my other cars that I used the round ones on.  Thanks for the correction.

• Like 1