23 Buick Roadster

3040Crag

this car is owned by an elderly woman whose deceased husband bought it years ago somewhere in the Midwest. She’d like to get an estimated value so she can divide up the assets among the children. The car is in Salt Lake City. Any leads on someone locally that might be able to help?

craig

7481DFA7-C15D-4358-BFEA-7A4AE8D73162.jpeg

EF7EAF5A-FA29-4D6F-9BCC-69DF35C0C414.jpeg

BCEBF5E5-4F08-43FB-81BB-48DFDA4FC875.jpeg

I can’t provide direct help, but have you done a search for local appraisers?  That may be the best route to go.  Alternatively, there are online price guides, but overall, the older the vehicle and the lower the volume of sales, they tend to get less accurate.

Good luck.  It’s a pretty looking car.  Six cylinder if I’ve got it right.

15 hours ago, Our Buicks said:

Car looks to be in pretty good shape...I'll be generous and say it's in #2 condition.....

$24,000 for the 4 cylinder

$30,000 for the 6 cylinder

seat of the pants guess based on these pictures....wish I owned it....Good Luck !

Mike

$30,000 seems a bit high in real world sales.   I suppose she is looking for a person to provide a written report, not a bunch of guys on a forum pontificating about it's value.  I would grab a Hemmings - they have a section devoted to appraisers.

I would put it in the three range at best because the paint is flaking off the body tub.  If nothing else is falling off or really checked then adjust according to just painting the rear tub.  As mentioned how turn key it is,  makes a difference.  It is a pretty looking car regardless,  just being realistic here.  

All of the assets should belong to the widow now. The children can wait for her estate. One old car, 5,000 bucks.

Any Forum members should be planning for this kind of event. Don't leave your family in the dark.

If you are lucky the estate is worth a lot more than the car or cars. My wife knows who my good friends are. I told her if any of them really want one of my cars just give it to them, tools too.

Of course, that reckless attitude promotes a longer life.

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2