1980 Renault Lectric Leopard

I have access to 2 of these can anyone help with parts availability and weather they are worth anything, batteries would cost $2,000. Or more

Im new here have been restoring square body trucks, but ran across these and just want to find out if it would be worth my time to get them they have been setting outside for at least 10 years and one is missing a hood.

Thanks 

BE619977-0575-4797-AB07-1E419208DD81.jpeg

C880754E-7776-46AA-8ED9-E248926F6BC7.jpeg

79C3A7AB-0F6C-4FB4-A0CF-A8B0ACF27843.jpeg

Edited by Old Man 2
Added pictures (see edit history)

You'll find a lot about these cars on the www. Basically, they are Le Cars, imported without drive trains, and converted to electric by U.S. Electracar, c1980 or so. In my opinion, they're maybe worth around $1500 in decent unrestored condition. Your two cars might make one good one.

Phil

Thanks Phil,

I’m concerned that the white one has been without a hood for 10 yrs or longer, I don’t want another lawn ornament. Parts like the hood I have looked and haven’t had any luck finding one here on the east coast. The red one has all the batteries in it, but rust has taken over around the bottom of the car. I have restored a many of pickup trucks and older cars but I have never seen one of these, my son just bought a Tesla, but this is more like a golf cart than a modern car. I have always wanted to restore every vehicle I find but sometimes they have gone too far to restore. 

Thanks again Preston

Hello, I am French and I have never seen this model of renault 5 in France.
My uncle has three renault 5. a renault 5 Alpine 1980, renault 5 Alpine Turbo 1983 and a renault 5 GTL.
This electric model is interresting, I did not know.
Too bad you're not in France because you could have found a hood here ;) 

Hello, here are two links where we can see parts and renault 5 (for Parts or Rolling) for sale in France.
Be careful not to confuse the Renault 5 and Renault Super 5, they are two models completely different.

https://www.leboncoin.fr/recherche/?category=2&text=Renault 5&regdate=min-1989

https://www.leboncoin.fr/recherche/?category=2&text=piéce Renault 5&regdate=min-1986

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi OLD MAN 2,

I own a Lectric Leopard and I would like to know if you already own the cars or if you know if they are still for sale. I would be interested to know more. Thank you very much.

I have created a FaceBook group for all Lectric Leopard owners, I want to be able to share a lot of information I have on these cars. And that we can all help each other to maintain them.

Best regards

Luis

s-l1600 (8).jpg

• Like 2