Steve_Mack_CT

Interesting original cars at local show

Merlin,

As I posted, in almost every case you don't need to resize a photo smaller to post it here, unless you just want to shorten the upload time. Try it, if you don't believe me.

The only proviso is that your image has to be smaller than the filesize limit given here:

filelimit.jpg

Can a regular member please confirm what 'max file size' limit they're seeing?

And it's worth noting that the procedure you give will only work on a PC running Windows.

Somebody changed something, the system accepted these photos from my file.

Bob

58.jpg

1939 Willys Overland with Broadway Ltd locomotive.jpg

20131018174538-b43bad02-me.jpg

437110.jpg

view.jpg

• Like 3

Just log out and log back in again.  It will reset the limitation back to zero.   A pain in the neck but easier than resizes the photos.

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2019 at 7:46 AM, alsancle said:

Just log out and log back in again.  It will reset the limitation back to zero.   A pain in the neck but easier than resizes the photos.

Maybe, but then there is the new password application go around, maybe just keeping the photos to yourself is the easy thing.

Bob 

I generally crop and resize photos with a program called LVIEW. Also allows annotations. Not sure it exists, been using since the last century but is compatible with Win 10. Can create animated gifs.

One way to help out with website housekeeping is to grayscale any originally black and white photos you decide to post before doing so. There is an excellent, easy-to-use free shareware photo software available at irfanview.com, give it a try.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

Maybe, but then there is the new password application go around, maybe just keeping the photos to yourself is the easy thing. Bob 

Not sure what you mean Bob. When you log back in you should use the same password you were logged in with before. You can find it under your username in the upper left corner,  it is called "Sign Out".

Looks like LView Pro is now freeware if anyone is interested.

LView Pro

I concur with the recommendation of irfanview (for PCs). Been using it for a couple of decades.

If you are on a Mac, the built-in Preview app has the ability to resize an image. If a JPEG then it also allows you to set the quality when you save it.

• Like 1

This site seems very difficult to maneuver around. I guess I am used to the HAMB. Anyway thanks for the welcomes and the nice autos I see here. I am on my way to Ryan's place.:rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, Mark Boccuzzi said:

This site seems very difficult to maneuver around. I guess I am used to the HAMB. Anyway thanks for the welcomes and the nice autos I see here. I am on my way to Ryan's place.:rolleyes:

I was on the Hamb 4 times a day for 10 years,  right up until Ryan changed the format.  It took a long time to get used to it and by then I had lost the habit.

I use Mihov Image Resizer.  It is free to download, although they do ask for a donation.  I take large file size photos for print in our newsletter and then use Mihov Image Resizer to reduce an entire show’s worth of photos – sometimes 100 or more in seconds, for posting on our website.  This is so they will load faster.  It reduces the size and renames each photo with “mini” in front of the file name so that you don’t lose the original.  Here is the link for downloading: https://www.mihov.com/sw/en/ir.php

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

I was on the Hamb 4 times a day for 10 years,  right up until Ryan changed the format.  It took a long time to get used to it and by then I had lost the habit.

I don't remember what the old format was, but found the change very easy to deal with, maybe it had something to do with my addiction to the site and information shared there.

Bob 

10 hours ago, alsancle said:

Reason I find myself on so many fb groups. So.  Doggone.  Easy.  But the handful of grest folk on this site eho despise fb keep me here daily... 😊

HAMB, Benzworld, two other sites I stopped multiple daily visits to dud to cumbersome (at least initially) changes..  AACA is not really tough to navigate though, once one figures out where the hot sub forums are..

Just now, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Reason I find myself on so many fb groups. So.  Doggone.  Easy.  But the handful of grest folk on this site eho despise fb keep me here daily... 😊

HAMB, Benzworld, two other sites I stopped multiple daily visits to dud to cumbersome (at least initially) changes..  AACA is not really tough to navigate though, once one figures out where the hot sub forums are..

So Facebook is its own world, and TOTALLY free of anything I would find on a Google search. correct?  

I dont know Bob, but I am in a couple of traditional hot rod groups ( in addition to some stock groups) with clear rules on content.  One focuses on period pics and is fantastic.  

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

I dont know Bob, but I am in a couple of traditional hot rod groups ( in addition to some stock groups) with clear rules on content.  One focuses on period pics and is fantastic.  

No free tours, you have to join to see it, correct? 

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)

Yes but here is a free offer.  I need to check but am sure I can pm you the info on what was the old prewar show in Redding, now privately hosted.  We went last year, it was a blast.  Given your history w that show I think you might like it.  If you go I will show ya what I am talking about.  Used right it is another nice tool, very convenient. Pic from meet last October...  🙂

20181021_113542.jpg

Great shot! That could have been taken at any of the old Ridgefield Meets on Veterans Park field, lots of great memories. Bob 

• Like 2

On 8/19/2019 at 4:58 PM, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Leosdad, this is the Litchfield Hills Historicsl Auto club show, aka "Goshen".  Been around a long time.  As noted, over the years the % of modifieds has really crept up, they are most of the show now, but still some interesting cars show up...

Old paint on this cool vette, but not sure it is original..

20190818_112410.jpg

I posted a ‘58 all original with this color in my post today. What year was this? Doesn’t look like a ‘58, but close. 

On 8/21/2019 at 4:23 PM, 1937hd45 said:

Welcome Mark! Good to have you here. Posting photos on this AACA Forum will drive you crazy...…………….they limit you to two a day. Your quality photo coverage of events is an AACA loss, 48 days till Hershey. Bob 

Photo limits on this site are anti productive and frustrating. How do they expect to support the hobby without lots of photos and hosting isn’t that expensive. It will eventually be their demise if they don’t fix that. It wasn’t an issue in the past. For those of you who have “fixes” they don’t work with my updated IPhone 8 and mobile is the future. 

Lots of cool people here, but the photo limits don’t make sense and are frustrating!

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 4:46 AM, alsancle said:

More likely to log out and into FB or forget it. It needs to be addressed. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 5:11 PM, Ozstatman said:

Depends on how big your pic's are. Reduce the size and you can post a lot more than 2.

That’s not the issue. Will let me post the exact same pictures sometimes and others not. 

• Like 1