Interesting original cars at local show

Steve_Mack_CT

Last week at Woodies in the Cove in Ogunquit ME, there were four original Woodies out of 74. One was driven by a young lady and it was her Moms original car. The original cars drew more attention then fully restored Wagons. I told her to just make it safe to drive and leave it as is.

• Like 4

Leosdad, this is the Litchfield Hills Historicsl Auto club show, aka "Goshen".  Been around a long time.  As noted, over the years the % of modifieds has really crept up, they are most of the show now, but still some interesting cars show up...

Old paint on this cool vette, but not sure it is original..

20190818_112410.jpg

• Like 2

"cool modified 32"

That 32 five window coupe belongs to me. It was built many years back by a man named Don Coleman. The car was bought by Neal East who was editor for Rod & Custom Magazine for some time. Neal drove the car all over the West coast and it became known as the Coleman Coupe. Neal sold the car to Richard Munz and after awhile he sold the car. To whom I do not know. I bought the car from a fellow HAMB member. It was in Alabama. Upon receiving the 32 I knew it would need to be freshened up. I took it mechanically all apart, leaving the body, interior and frame untouched. I did repair the front crossmember where it had been cut for radiator clearance. Since I have owned the Coupe it has been totally mechanically rebuilt. Including the 48 Merc Circle Track Flathead, 39 Transmission and 36 rear end including drive shaft. Again everything  else, brakes, brake lines, wheel and master cylinder and shocks. I built all new exhaust for it routing it over the rear end.  First time on this site and nice to see coverage of the Litchfield Hills show in Goshen.   Would like to post more pictures. Not sure how!   

Edited by Mark Boccuzzi (see edit history)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Tinindian said:

Real simple to resize a picture in Adobe or even "Paint".

If you know were to find that stuff and the instructions once you get there. HAMB is a photo friendly website, take the chip out of the camera and post the photo is less time than it took to type this. Bob 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

Posting photos on this AACA Forum will drive you crazy...…………….they limit you to two a day.

Bob, your claim is totally incorrect. Count how many pics I have placed below. Hint: it is more than two.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic9.jpg

pic10.jpg

pic11.jpg

pic12.jpg

pic13.jpg

pic14.jpg

(Total filesize of these 14 images is 2.9 MB. Cars on the 2018 New London to New Brighton Run, if anyone wants to know.)

Bob, since the AACA moved to the IP.Board forum software, it seems you never miss an opportunity to trash it. I have offered multiple times to assist you in resolving your pic posting issues, both in public and via private message, but have yet to receive a response from you indicating a willingness to accept my help.

I don't know whether the problems you continue to complain about involve your hardware, software, or procedures, but I can assure you they are not due to the IP.Board platform.

Looks like I will be at Hershey again this year and will offer one final time to meet with you with my laptop to show you how to properly upload pics to this forum.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozstatman said:

Depends on how big your pic's are. Reduce the size and you can post a lot more than 2.

Mal, as far I know, IP.Board will accept any size photo or combination of photos that don't exceed the 'max file size' limit given to the right of the paper clip icon at the bottom of the posting screen. My 'max file size' is 125 MB, but it may be a lower number for regular (non-admin) members.

The image below is 4,508 x 3,456 pixels and 5.4 MB file size as uploaded; I did not resize it smaller. IP.Board resizes it to s smaller size for display (800 pixels wide, I think) during the upload process. Note that images this large take a relatively long time to upload.

DSCN6124.jpg

This is how I reduce a picture size for posting in the Forum.

1. Locate your picture you want to insert.

2. Right click on it with the mouse and select "open with". Another drop down menu will appear and select paint.

3. The image will open in paint program.

4. Select the "view" tab at the top, then zoom, then custom and select 50% or 25%.

5. Then hit save and the image will be smaller in size and you can post it to the Forum.

Hope it helps.

• Like 1

Merlin,

As I posted, in almost every case you don't need to resize a photo smaller to post it here, unless you just want to shorten the upload time. Try it, if you don't believe me.

The only proviso is that your image has to be smaller than the filesize limit given here:

filelimit.jpg

Can a regular member please confirm what 'max file size' limit they're seeing?

And it's worth noting that the procedure you give will only work on a PC running Windows.

On 8/22/2019 at 7:46 AM, alsancle said:

Just log out and log back in again.  It will reset the limitation back to zero.   A pain in the neck but easier than resizes the photos.

Maybe, but then there is the new password application go around, maybe just keeping the photos to yourself is the easy thing.

Bob 

I generally crop and resize photos with a program called LVIEW. Also allows annotations. Not sure it exists, been using since the last century but is compatible with Win 10. Can create animated gifs.

One way to help out with website housekeeping is to grayscale any originally black and white photos you decide to post before doing so. There is an excellent, easy-to-use free shareware photo software available at irfanview.com, give it a try.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

Maybe, but then there is the new password application go around, maybe just keeping the photos to yourself is the easy thing. Bob 

Not sure what you mean Bob. When you log back in you should use the same password you were logged in with before. You can find it under your username in the upper left corner,  it is called "Sign Out".

29 minutes ago, Mark Boccuzzi said:

This site seems very difficult to maneuver around. I guess I am used to the HAMB. Anyway thanks for the welcomes and the nice autos I see here. I am on my way to Ryan's place.:rolleyes:

I was on the Hamb 4 times a day for 10 years,  right up until Ryan changed the format.  It took a long time to get used to it and by then I had lost the habit.

I use Mihov Image Resizer.  It is free to download, although they do ask for a donation.  I take large file size photos for print in our newsletter and then use Mihov Image Resizer to reduce an entire show’s worth of photos – sometimes 100 or more in seconds, for posting on our website.  This is so they will load faster.  It reduces the size and renames each photo with “mini” in front of the file name so that you don’t lose the original.  Here is the link for downloading: https://www.mihov.com/sw/en/ir.php

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

I was on the Hamb 4 times a day for 10 years,  right up until Ryan changed the format.  It took a long time to get used to it and by then I had lost the habit.

I don't remember what the old format was, but found the change very easy to deal with, maybe it had something to do with my addiction to the site and information shared there.

Bob