Pebble Beach Concours video and photos

1935Packard

I had the pleasure of attending the Pebble Beach Concours today.   The Concours has posted the full video of the award ceremony here: 

Here are some pictures  I took of some favorite cars from the show: 

IMG_1789.thumb.JPG.6f6fa0dcadf95fad1ca120b928587f16.JPGIMG_1785.thumb.JPG.78cf49ebd898c4970fe157a5c073fd28.JPGIMG_1786.thumb.JPG.9bc718a1eb300902543bcc54cd030a5e.JPGIMG_1788.thumb.JPG.97026a8681f64130c1e8356128a1b5dc.JPGIMG_1782.thumb.JPG.da07b39530b390a731ab15e11323b009.JPG

IMG_1791.thumb.JPG.055199e48c95e8acf2b7ce530b37d8cb.JPGIMG_1793.thumb.JPG.7335e98fd858378b5286db2a44cddaa6.JPG

More pictures below.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A few more.  Obviously this is only a small fraction of the amazing cars at the show, but they're the ones that caught my eye the most given my interests and taste.

IMG_1820.JPG

IMG_1812.JPG

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Too bad Pebble Beach won't schedule a time for ' press (or professional) photographers only' with no other spectators around.  The best photo in this set is the one of the gray '31 Bentley.

Craig

From what I can tell, there are lots of people aiming to get great pictures with no people in the background, and some going to great lengths to do so.    I just didn't happen to be one of them.

The judges were at that topper MB and a civilian with a camera was ordering everybody to move, including the judges, so he could get a clear shot.   Would have been interesting if everyone tried that approach.

a scheduled photo time is unrealistic given how condensed the time is but just as the cars are in the field before the spectators get there you can get clear shots.

• Like 1

I sure do like to see good pictures of beautiful cars without being blocked by other people. However, I also enjoy seeing people in the backgrounds as well. In part, I like to see people enjoying a wonderful day. I also sometimes get to see people I know in the backgrounds! And I really enjoy that!

Thank you for sharing the photos!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank You 1935Packard, I enjoyed the car pictures and even the well dressed people.  A welcome

change from T-Shirts & Shorts at most car shows, especially the folks in period clothing.

Well done!

• Like 1

Ed, The Rolls looked great, congratulations on the award. Just a quick comparison with the 1928 down the row showed a nice upgrade with the cowl lights to fender light transition. What was the reasoning behind the free hanging rear fenders, does the frame flex that much? Just a detail I noticed. Bob 

On 8/21/2019 at 12:39 AM, 1937hd45 said:

Ed, The Rolls looked great, congratulations on the award. Just a quick comparison with the 1928 down the row showed a nice upgrade with the cowl lights to fender light transition. What was the reasoning behind the free hanging rear fenders, does the frame flex that much? Just a detail I noticed. Bob 

Saw your question:  On a RR PI the fenders are actually well bolted to pretty much everything.  Many have a full inner fender incorporated too and that was to allow a one size fits all fender to be applied to many different body styles.   My RR PI had maybe 15-18 bolts, including to body, splash apron, running board, and gasoline tank cover (w/no bolts into frame).   And, I doubt a RR PI frame has any flex to it whatsoever. 

Also, while the car was made in Springfield Massachusetts, make no mistake about it a RR PI is as English as English cars come, excepting perhaps its buffalo wire wheels.  

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

Saw your question:  On a RR PI the fenders are actually well bolted to pretty much everything.  Many have a full inner fender incorporated too and that was to allow a one size fits all fender to be applied to many different body styles.   My RR PI had maybe 15-18 bolts, including to body, splash apron, running board, and gasoline tank cover (w/no bolts into frame).   And, I doubt a RR PI frame has any flex to it whatsoever. 

The Rolls Roadster at Pebble Beach had no bolts (or holes for them) and a finger wide gap between the rear fender and running board and splash apron, by design I'm sure, just wondered what the theory was. Bob 

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)