1933 plymouth

Firetruck216

I have a 33 4 door sedan that I only have body number which is 609-8706 what can I learn from that? Also the tag on door was partial last numbers were 6663. Trying to find out what car I have. The instrument cluster is centered on steering wheel then there’s a hole that’s centered on dash then where what could be a glove box there’s a hole. HELP 

To post a picture of your dash, save the photo somewhere and make sure it is less than 9.77 MB in size. If you use a device where you can drag and drop it into the grey bar below (beside the paper clip), do that. Otherwise, select choose files near the paper clip and select the file. Once it is uploaded, put the cursor where you want the photo, the select the photo below and it will appear in the post at the cursor.

P.S. Is you car a hot rod? I saw one photo of a hot rod coupe with the instruments in the original place but also two oval doors, one above the steering column and one to the right of the instruments. The instruments could have  been swapped to the left.

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)

From your description, your car or at least the dash is a 34, not a 33.  The 33 dash has the instruments in the center with a glove box on each side -  all three are oval.  The 34 has the instruments on the left and the glove box on the right - both are oval.  The square hole in the center is for an ash tray.

1 hour ago, Firetruck216 said:

I have a 33 4 door sedan that I only have body number which is 609-8706 what can I learn from that? Also the tag on door was partial last numbers were 6663. Trying to find out what car I have. The instrument cluster is centered on steering wheel then there’s a hole that’s centered on dash then where what could be a glove box there’s a hole. HELP 

The body number is just that - the sequence number of the body.  I think the three numbers before the dash denote the body style.  The door tag is the serial number of the car but only four digits won't tell you much.  The engine number (assuming its original) has a prefix of two letters or a letter and a digit that identifies the year.

In addition to ply33.com, see:

https://www.allpar.com/i/search-results.html?cx=partner-pub-7865546952023728%3A7900803229&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=33+plymouth&sa=Search&siteurl=www.allpar.com%2Findex.php&ref=&ss=4079j1948393j11

2 hours ago, Spinneyhill said:

This is one type of 1933 Plymouth instrument panel. There are one or two aftermarket bits...

image.png.c7b1ef86e838bec254725b93206b8e3e.png

I'm guessing (and that's pretty much what it is) that's a standard, as opposed to deluxe, dash - it doesn't have the glove boxes and the gauges are different.