Vending newbie

deaddds

Ive got two spots for vending this year but am unsure if i am going to drag a car hauler along. Am i good as long as it all fits in my spaces or do i have to put a car in the corral? Also, whats the least crazy time to get there and set up for a newbie? Thanks

Try to be as courteous to other people who have spaces near or next to you as possible. this sounds crazy and most reading this will think - well we always are - but for several years in the north part of the red field there have been a vendor or vendors who drive in with their tri 5 chevys and park on our spots because they don't see anyone there yet so feel they can do this while they set up . Then we have to try to decide who owns the cars to ask them to move out from someplace they do not belong ! HUH? just rude.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Walt G said:

Try to be as courteous to other people who have spaces near or next to you as possible. this sounds crazy and most reading this will think - well we always are - but for several years in the north part of the red field there have been a vendor or vendors who drive in with their tri 5 chevys and park on our spots because they don't see anyone there yet so feel they can do this while they set up . Then we have to try to decide who owns the cars to ask them to move out from someplace they do not belong ! HUH? just rude.

Had this happen to us just last year, and continued to encroach throughout the week where we try to leave "walking space" arouond our stuff

Hi Marty, sorry to read you have to put up with the same type of rude behavior. My question is should we go and find an AACA official to tell these people to not do that? will they listen? is there any recourse - like perhaps not letting them have spaces the following year because they are so rude and just care about their own needs? Or is this just something we have to put up with ?

Every year, drive up to my spot ready to set up, and there's a car or two there.  Oh, didn't think your were coming this year.  Really?  

As to space allocation, a friend has a small Scotty trailer, and he said hey, can I get one spot for my trailer and truck.  Well, no, it won't fit.  Sure it will, he says.  So, he has one of those rolling measuring wheels, we laid it out in his parking lot, and then his comment was Son of a Biscuit Eater, you're correct, won't fit.

I have great neighbors at Hershey now, but in the past have had ones that fought for every inch over the line....fun stuff.

I'd say a car hauler and a car for sale are going to be tight, but doable.  I will also tell you that, if you want to sell a car, get in the car corral.  I brought a '63 Corvette SW to my space one year, lots of head nods but no discussion.  Got a space in the car corral the next year and it sold, while not quickly, mid-day the second day.  In my space would have been a waste of time, again.