1941 Dodge shock absorbers

willysnut

Thanks for the reply!

I've been doing a lot of internet searching. Most resources say that '39-'48 are the same. Problem is; can't find any reference as to what brand or part number. Ebay lists some, but the sellers info is inconclusive and they contradict each other. 

There are SO many shocks made that you'd think someone would have figured out what will work. One ebay seller is offering a full set for about $200, but I'm sure they can be bought much cheaper.

Fronts are NOT the same as the rear --- the Fronts are physically a shorter shock -- both collapsed height and extended...

I can give you a nice set of four (4) -- two (2) Fronts and two (2) Rears --

Perfect -- no cutting, grinding, etc., etc.

Monroe U.S.A. made top of the line Gas charged (nice cushiony ride) Shocks for $ 120 . 00 for all four (4) plus shipping or FREE pickup....

I am in Long Island, New York....

Craig, Mobile Parts, 516 - 485 - 1935.......

Hello!

I know they're different, for sure.

I was hoping some nice guy would give me some part numbers so I could purchase these shocks without going through a "middle man". 

You wouldn't by chance be one of these, would you? I know that's a lot to ask from a person "in the business ", but have to ask.

Bill

I have them in stock and am a distributor.....

If you want a better price than that --- you will need to buy $ 25,000 a year....

Are you ready to make that sort of commitment????

I already beat the price you had seen by 40 % --- If you want them for $ 1 a piece ---

check out the used slop on people's $ 1 tables at shows..... what more can I say....

Edited by mobileparts (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the offer.

I finally found the info I needed, and bought the shocks.

Perfect match. I got all (4) for $80 and some change. Monroe shocks.

Regular price @$28, got them discounted at a local auto parts chain for @$18 a piece.

Thank you for the offer.

I finally found the info I needed, and bought the shocks.

Perfect match. I got all (4) for $80 and some change. Monroe shocks.

Regular price @$28, got them discounted at a local auto parts chain for @$18 a piece.

FYI,

I think my old shocks were o.e.m. And yes, the numbers are stamped in them. I even saw those same numbers used in a sale or two for cross referencing. 

I believe my new Monroe shocks ALSO have the numbers stamped in them. No one selling shocks will give you the info you need to purchase the correct shocks. 

I was told by another mopar enthusiast what monroe shocks I needed. That was awesome. Went to my local chain auto parts store and bought the two rears on hand, and ordered the fronts. I got them real reasonable. I simply asked if they could do a little better on the price, and boy did they. Never hurts to ask at a parts store. You may be surprised. 

Bill

If anyone wants to know the Monroe numbers for these shocks, I will get them for you.

Edited by willysnut
Misspelled (see edit history)
  • Like 1