1933 Rockne Model 10 Front brake cables.

Need to find and purchase a pair of front mechanical brake cables for my 1933 Rockne 4 Door Sedan Deluxe. Evidently mine are stretched and their is no adjustment left and as a result I don't have any front braking. I hope someone has these cables.

Any aircraft place that rigs control wires can make you new cables, all you need is to supply the ends and the length.  Do not tell them they are brake cables as they may refuse to do it because of liability.

You can also make them yourself by silver soldering your ends on or silver soldering a ball on to retain your ends.

Back in 1959 at 99,000 miles I could not find new front cables and a friend a TCA made me a pair.  In 1985 at approx 320,000 miles I made myself a pair of cables, that are still working well, on the car.  Three years ago, at 500,000 miles,  thanks to the internet I was able to purchase a complete set of NOS cables that I am going to put on my car soon.

Be certain your brakes are correctly adjusted inside the drums and eccentrics. No adjustment of the turnbuckles in the cables should ever be required.

001.jpg

Edited by starlightcoupe
image added (see edit history)

On 8/17/2019 at 9:00 PM, Thoffs said:

Need to find and purchase a pair of front mechanical brake cables for my 1933 Rockne 4 Door Sedan Deluxe. Evidently mine are stretched and their is no adjustment left and as a result I don't have any front braking. I hope someone has these cables.

I doubt you cables have stretched.   But you can get new cables from George Martin  in lebanon, Pa 717 273 9502

I have adjusted the eccentric's and the turnbuckles and I do not have enough take up to activate the front brakes. I think after the car show season is over I am going to disassemble the front brake drums to see if I have everything put together right. I put all new brake springs on all four wheels a couple of years ago, but since I restored the car I have never had front brakes. It stops but I drive it with great caution.

Did you have the shoes relined during the restoration?

I had very poor brakes on my Rockne even after doing all the correct adjusting. Sent my shoes to Dave Thibeault for relining and they are now practically like standard hydraulic brakes.