1956 special quarter panels

I have a 56 2DHT car with South Florida rust. I found a 56 4DHT car with good rear quarters and a good hood. I need the quarters behind the wheels and the top edge near the rear window on my 2D. I also need the hood and rockers. I don't think the 4D rockers will work but it looks like the lower rear-quarters, the top edge of the rear quarters and the hood are interchangeable with my rusty pieces. Does anybody know whether this is so before I purchase another car to use for parts??

Thanks

You didn't say whether the parts car is a Special or some other series. Presume you know that the Roadmaster and Super have completely different bodies from the Special/Century, and almost nothing interchanges between them.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Ector, TX.

1956 Special 2-dr. hardtop

1954 Century 2-dr. hardtop

1950 Special sedanet 46-S

1924 roadster

Sorry about that, the donor car is also a special. I didn't know about absent compatibility between family members of the '56 but that is good to know. Tell me this, is the Special also referred to as the 60 series? If so, what are the other series (i.e.: Roadmaster, Super, Century, etc.)?

Thanks

40=Special ; 50=Super ; 60=Century ;70=Roadmaster. 60 is jazzed up Special with a Roadmaster engine; 70 is a deluxe 50. 40 and 60 parts (except trim) interchange. 50 and 70 parts (except trim) interchange.