1954 Century Manual Steering Worm Gear Needed

mangaku

Have you pulled the shaft from the housing. Could you use a complete unit IE shaft and housing still together which IMO would be best way to go.  I may could help if so. 

Shipping to CA is gonna be a few bucks though. You should be able to find one closer.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

I have a complete manual unit from a super - so I believe you would have to shorten the shaft by a cut and weld...

Regardless, I am in Newport Beach with plenty of 54  parts, so give me a PM with a phone, and I would be happy to chat and see the car.

• Like 1

doesn't look like Mr  @mangaku  is interested eh @Fr. Buick  oh well, I didn't want to have to pack it anyway. 😁

Wanna hear a fun story. When I was pulling this column out of the floor board of the Roadmaster that I've been storing it in (the green one me and you pulled the front spindles off of, in the rain...) I kept noticing the intact but  sagging headliner blowing in the breeze.... except there was no breeze.  I ran the back of my hand along the the headliner, it felt cool to the touch and began moving...fast...in my direction. I grabbed the steering column out of the floor and slammed the door. This is the same car I once saw a young copper head in. Judging by the size of the sagging headliner, he has grown. Let me outa here Percy 😲

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Haha 1