RevWags@aol.com

Need 17" Wheel for '33 PD

I need a 17" Steel wire wheel for my '33 PD Rumble Seat Coupe.  Please let me know if you have one.  I'd like to find one soon, as my wheel just split tonight and I need a good spare.

Split? That's scary. . . Any obvious reason for the failure (corrosion, using radial tires, etc.)?

The fortunate thing is the 17" steel wire wheels are the most commonly available. Looks like there are some on eBay at the moment.

Now you have me worried. Maybe I should buy a spare set of wheels. And/or dial back the speed when I'm on the freeway going from home to the better backcountry touring roads.

Hi - RevWags here again.  I bought a wheel off e-bay, it's a 17 inch, steel wire spoke wheel, but, the hub opening is a little over an eight of an inch too small for the wheel to fit on the hub.  The hub opening needs to be 2 inches and 7/8's across.  Doe anyone have a 17 inch steel wire spoke wheel with that sized opening that they'd be willing to sell?  Let me know.  Craig

RevWags here again.  I checked out the crack in my 17" wheel, and it's about 8-9 inches long and it does look like corrosion is involved.  I'll check out my other wheels and see what they look like.  Craig

If your coming to Hershey, I am bringing a assortment of wire wheels this year mainly Mopar, Stop by I may have the wheel you need just bring your measuring tape

CH74-78 Chocolate field South near light pole 56

Cheers good luck in your endeavors

Hi.  I am coming to Hershey.  I'll look you up.  I'll bring my tape measure.  I took the wheel I got on e-bay to a machine shop and it looks like they'll be able to make it fit my hub, but, a good spare will always be nice.  Our spots are CK 17-18.  My buddy has a really shiny Airstream that we'll have there, so, we'll be easy to see.  I'll look you up. 

Sounds good hopefully between and my brother we will have the correct 17”wire wheel for you, when you swing by ask for me Rich and remind me we talked on the forum to Jar the ol Memory

Cheers