roysboystoys

Nice color photo to ID

Posted (edited)

1926 or so Chrysler behind the man in the street. 1930 Dodge Brothers DC8 with the dual sidemounts in the center. 1928 Pontiac second from the left.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, 30sclassics said:

Location is on 3rd Ave. S at S. Washington Street in Seattle, looking north.

Very good. Now for the Prize , what did Osmers sell?

Posted (edited)

The Dodge Brothers DC is dressed up a bit. Brown top insert, extra lights, bumper guards, chrome spare tire covers, fixed wind wings, two windscreen wipers.

Original source:

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Spinneyhill said:

The Dodge Brothers DC is dressed up a bit. Brown top insert, extra lights, bumper guards, chrome spare tire covers, fixed wind wings, two windscreen wipers.

Original source:

It is dressed up quite a bit. I think we are seeing horns and not extra lights, but my eyes are fading.

• Like 1

Interesting, the DC8 appears to be sitting in the middle of the lane with no driver present.

5 hours ago, keiser31 said:

I think we are seeing horns and not extra lights

Yes, now I look more closely, you are right!

On 8/16/2019 at 1:04 PM, roysboystoys said:

Very good. Now for the Prize , what did Osmers sell?

Wholesale Drug Company.

Posted (edited)

As previously noted, the driverless Dodge is well decked out with accessories of the day and additionally , there's the chrome Lic plate frame & what looks like a flag holder under radiator cap/ornament.  Colors look authentic, but note (low rt corner of original source photo) it was expertly colorized in 2015.  The "brown" top on the Dodge might be an embellishment by the colorizer.

Edited by drwatson (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, drwatson said:

As previously noted, the driverless Dodge is well decked out with accessories of the day and additionally , there's the chrome Lic plate frame & what looks like a flag holder under radiator cap/ornament.  Colors look authentic, but note (low rt corner of original source photo) it was expertly colorized in 2015.  The "brown" top on the Dodge might be an embellishment by the colorizer.

I don't think that is a flag holder. I think it's just the "DODGE 8" emblem on a grille guard just below the radiator badge.

DC8 closeup.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drwatson said:

The "brown" top on the Dodge might be an embellishment by the colorizer.

Yes, I am now thinking it would have had a different sheen to it, compared to the painted panels near it, because of its texture and that has been interpreted as brown rather than black.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, keiser31 said:

I don't think that is a flag holder. I think it's just the "DODGE 8" emblem on a grille guard just below the radiator badge.

DC8 closeup.jpg

Just above "Dodge 8" emblem & below hood ornament, similar to flag holder pictured.

flag.jpg

Edited by drwatson (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

I was thinking it was just the shape of the radiator shell with a stone guard on it. Here is one without the stone guard on it....I suppose the original photo car could have a flag holder since it IS so dressed up.

1930 DB DG8 roadster.jpg