1940 instrument panel engine turning

1940Super

25 minutes ago, kgreen said:

"Close view, Boyer left and Seybold right:"

Yes, I have been lead to believe that Skip Boyer's work is correct (each row offset 1/2 a circle from the one above). Much more aesthetically pleasing to look at.

Edited by Grant Z (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Here's a pic of an original panel that's a bit better than the very rusty one that Ken posted.  You can clearly see, as Grant says, that the rows are offset.  The Seybold ones are not offset.  They look good, but not like the originals.  The Boyer ones are correctly offset like the originals.

IMG_1510.JPG.7ab18a4bc917d44868aa0ab64f916c7c.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

CAUTION, THIS IS A THREAD HIJACK!

I've already posted my Fender Reveal party for tomorrow, but as a part of that, I'm dragging out the years of collecting and restoring parts and pieces.  Here's my dash mock up, Skip did the dash, Bob's did all the instruments and Grain-it painted the dash:

IMG_1640.jpg.942e5f263ba0ba5ec97c997337f2ec32.jpg

Background:

The Fender Reveal party is the grand opening of the trailer to pull out the 76C after having been under Dan Kemp's careful body and paint reconstruction. I met Dan in Pigeon Forge at a hot rod show to get the car.  I've got a handful of friends coming over to help push it into the garage tomorrow.  I've laid out all my literature and "pretty parts".  In exchange for having my friends endure my obsession, I'm smoking the hind quarter of a large pig to serve along with sides.  This is a Memphis-style smoker get together, wish you were closer Neil, you'd be here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1