Anyone know a good mechanic in North Jersey?

KevinVal

What era car are you taking about? like the one in the photo you have near your name? I know of several shops but they really only focus on cars from about 1950 and earlier, and 99% of them are pre WWII.

4 hours ago, KevinVal said:

I can't seem to find any garages that work on classics cars in Essex county. If you know any in Essex or surrounding counties, let me know.

I hope we have not reached the point where carburetors and point style ignition have become too complex for today’s mechanics.  1960s and up cars are not very different from today’s cars, in fact they should be simple by comparison.   A repair shop with an employee or two over the age of 50 should be able to work on the car.  The big issue most shops fear is parts availability.  They don’t want a car sitting there taking up space while they wait and miss out on faster and more profitable jobs.  If you can afford a car that is more sorted out and ready to use, your dealing with repair shops should be minimal.

• Like 1

New Vernon Coach and Motor Works, about 5 miles south of Morristown, in Morris County.  Works on Ferraris, Rolls-Royces, Jaguars, MGs, essentially any post-WWII exotic as well as Aunt Susie's Toyota.  Good people, lots of experience.

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder, Morristown, NJ

• Like 1