1932 Buick Specification and Adjustments Manual

o2zoom

Recently purchased a 1932 Buick.  Before I picked up the car I bought the 1932 Manual.   When I got into the trunk of the car there was a manual.   So if anyone needs a new unused reprint I have one.  Think I paid $29 plus shipping.   I can send it media mail.   If I can get $22 I'd be happy.

manual.JPG

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank`s for Your late reply 😊

I still want it and can pay Your 22$.

I have PayPal

Hers the adress:

Jørn Stampe Hansen

Liverødveien 239

N-3243 KODAL

NORWAY

Please send me the total to my email : stampesmia@gmail.com

I found my Buick 56C Roadster Coupe in November last year when i visiting a customer for install a handrail i had made. and same year they had sold a 27`chevrolet. My car is in mint condition, it had beed restord in USA in the middel of the 80is. The Paint is falling of but there is no rust and it looks to be mechanicly in good shape. This modell is New to me and as far as i know it has only been made 349 this year. Do U have any Clue what the price would be in USA if i sold it?

Jørn

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1408.JPG

• Like 1

Nice looking car!  It is a 50 series which are not as desirable as the  the larger series.  Convertable's  and dual side mount cars bring more than closed cars.  It's hard to judge a car by one photo.  Based on your comment on the paint and the condition of the firewall data plate, I would call the car  a driver quality which is midrange in the the quality price scale.  For the best price, the car would need to be complete and in original paint color and original interior material.  So many of these cars are missing many pieces such as engine sidepans, heat shield over the air cleaner, wizard control parts missing,  etc.  There were no Yellow factory painted Buicks in 1932.  The cowl lamps are not correct for 1932.  The condition and correctness of the convertable top is important in determining the market value of the car.  Many of these cars have cracked exhaust manifolds and  cracked heat risers;  expensive parts to replace.

Being optimistic, I would put the price range in the $10,000 to $15,000 range. 

• Like 1

Jom

I will have to see if i can find out how much it will cost to send the manual to Norway.  Here in the US the postal service has a special rate for books.  It cost less that regular postage rates.   I'll see what I can find out about sending something like this to Norway.   
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Robert Engle said:

Nice looking car!  It is a 50 series which are not as desirable as the  the larger series.  Convertable's  and dual side mount cars bring more than closed cars.  It's hard to judge a car by one photo.  Based on your comment on the paint and the condition of the firewall data plate, I would call the car  a driver quality which is midrange in the the quality price scale.  For the best price, the car would need to be complete and in original paint color and original interior material.  So many of these cars are missing many pieces such as engine sidepans, heat shield over the air cleaner, wizard control parts missing,  etc.  There were no Yellow factory painted Buicks in 1932.  The cowl lamps are not correct for 1932.  The condition and correctness of the convertable top is important in determining the market value of the car.  Many of these cars have cracked exhaust manifolds and  cracked heat risers;  expensive parts to replace.

Being optimistic, I would put the price range in the $10,000 to $15,000 range. 

23 hours ago, Jørn Stampe Hansen said:

Thanks for Your reply. I have`nt pick the car up yet becouse it`s vinter time her in Norway. I have some Picture that i can share. I have only detail pic taken in a small dark garage.

i will be pleased if u could coment if this is how it should be or if it`s not orgilnale parts.

Jørn

IMG_1392.JPG

IMG_1389.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

Thanks allot, looking forward to recive this book so i can exspand my knowledge about this car. whould be wery Nice of you if could send the book as a gift then i do not pay any tax in Norway for the amount.

The brakes on the 32 Buick is it Hydraulic or has it brake bar. I ask the owner but he has Alzimer so he was not shure but thiked it was hydraulic? Can u please tell me. i know that Chevrolet got hydraulic brakes in 36`

My first Car was a 1935 Chevrolet Master DeLuxe 4D sedan With split window and i was 18 years old, this was in 1982. I payd 1500$ and picked it up middel in the Winter and it was lots of snow and there was plenty ice on the road. The breakes was terrible and the tire was old and hard. It was a Nice car, would love to have it now. Later same year i by a 54 Chevy 2D sedan, sold this car when i married and buyed a appartement.

Regret that later:)

Have a lovely weekend. God bless you 

Jørn

Nice looking bike.  I usually just stick with four wheels.  Besides my 1932 Buick I  have a 1963 Corvette Roadster.     I'll forward a picture tomorrow, can't seem to find one in my picture files.   I checked with UPS and Fedex, absolutely ridiculous price to send the manual , they wanted over $100.   The United States Postal Service looks to be $24.50, that's still pretty pricey.   I got that price from their web site.  They are closed until Monday so won't be able to talk to a live person to confirm the $24.50 price.   Hard to believe it costs that much to ship.  You may be more familiar with shipping costs living in Norway.  Just let me know what you think.  

The brakes on a 1932 Buick would have been mechanical brakes.  They work well when in good condition and adjusted properly.  A conversion to hydraulic would decrease the value to most who would want an authentic vehicle.  

All the parts that I can see on your additional photos all look correct.  The tail light badge bar does show corrosion.  In 1932 open cars had leather interiors, so the black panels and  seats look correct.

Bob Engle 

Thanks allott Bob Engle for helping once again. I want to have the car in orginal condition. so the brakes should stay mechanicly. Been looking at ebay after parts, found some but they was very expenciv.

So to get this car up some Levels will cost allott. Do you know if some off the parts are intercangebel With other cars? Hers some more pic. the first is from the front window and showing the profiled list that is cracked 

list is it hard to find.

Jørn

IMG_1398.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

I've been learning about 1932 Buicks, especially the 50 series, for over 30 years.  I like to share what I've learned with other 32 Buick owners.  For anyone that has old cars, there are always two concerns that must be addressed.  The first is correctness.  It can sometimes be a challenge to know what is correct.  These old cars have changed hands so many times and it's hard to know what was correct and original.  The second issue is condition.  there are no right or wrong ways to go with these to issues.  It's the owners choice as to what he wants do or change to suit his desires.  I have cars of all different correctness and condition.  My 1917 Buick is for the most part an original survivor.  I have no plans to restore it or redo the non original changes that have been done in the past.  My 1929 model A Ford is an older restored car.  My 1932 Buick is  what I  call my "forever car"  I've been working on it for 30 years.  My goal is to get as close to original as possible, doing most of the work myself.  I want to be driving it when it's 100 years old.  my 1960 Buick is 80% restored with no plans to complete the other 20 % .   I't a great car to drive.  my 1970 Buick is just a driver and it's overall condition is too poor to think of restoring.  and Finally my 1987 Buick GN is all original, with documentation and the AACA senior award.  It's a great car to drive and gets ignored by most of the public, but the few that know the car Love iit.

When I respond to people on the forum about their 1932 Buicks, I always worry that when I point out incorrect items and the condition of their car that they may be put off by my comments.  This is never my intention.  I only want to help them be informed about their car.

With respect to your car,   be very wary of internet parts.  Many people do not know what is correct for  1932 Buicks.  they just want to get $$$.  This forum and the BCA members are your best source of parts and info.  Let us know what you are looking for and we will try to help you.  Some mechanical parts will interchange with late year 1931 50 series cars and also 1933 series 50 cars.  Very little will interchange with the other series of Buicks and almost nothing will interchange with other GM cars.  Also because 1932 was a very low production year for Buick, there are less cars out there for donor parts.  For 20 years, I bought just about every used part I could find for 32 50 series cars.  No that my car is approaching completion,  My list of needed parts is very small.  I've been providing parts for other 32 cars and my stockpile of usable parts is diminishing.

On your brake system, it is important that you have woven lining brake shoes.  Modern brake material will not provide good stopping with the mechanical systems.

I would love to see photos of your engine bay.  I have seen a number of cars with the wrong engines and parts under the hood.  Your interior looks in good condition.  keep in touch. Feel free to send a private message if you want.

Bob Engle

• Like 2

Jorn,

I can personally attest to Bob’s willingness to assist with both knowledge and parts.   The only reason my 32 Series 50 is up and running is because of Bob’s generosity with guidance as well as some critical spare parts.  I’m in the final stages of fine tuning various repairs but can drive the car while finishing things up.  Without his help I’d be no where close to where I am now.   Pictures during recent road test.   Mine is just a driver quality with some non original modifications.  I have kept any parts that I removed so that any substituent owner can keep the car as is or go back to what ever level of originality they desire.   To me it's all about enjoyment and dependability.   

Car side.JPG

DSCN5174.JPG

DSCN5183.JPG

IMG_3859.JPG

IMG_3860.JPG

• Like 1

In response to Bob Engels message, I want to say thank you Bob for your contribution to this forum, Ive been restoring my 32 96s now for 3 yrs and I read all of your post. Some young smart computer savy kid should publish all the wisdom put out on this forum from guys like you. Bob Id enjoy it if critiqued my car, always striving for authenticity. Please keep it up, nobody takes offense to your comments.

Cheers,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...