Sign in to follow this  
lump

Need a photo of Ford TT truck steering column mount

My brother-in-law is trying to assemble a 1927 Model TT truck for his neighbor-friend. The friend bought the truck in various pieces from all over the place, so my BIL was not able to see it assembled before the resto work began. They are missing whatever kind of bracket or support which attaches to the bottom end of the steering column. He says the column passes between the engine and the frame, but not right up against the frame. Was there a crossmember here? Could someone kindly share a few photos of the original-type mounting? Thank you so much, in advance. 

Search on the MTFCA web site. Or even a Model T parts book. There are several styles, all similar but with important differences.  Its a reasonably small casting that bolts to the frame rail. I believe they all have a part number cast into them so once you know the one you need it's quite easy to make a positive I.D.

Greg in Canada

s-l640.jpg

Part number cast in will start with TT, all the different car brackets start with T.

Pictured bracket above will fit all TT trucks. Note the lack of an enlargement in the casting for a felt "seal" next to the grease fitting.

• Like 1