Rear coil springs...where to buy??

64Nail

I have a used center link from a 52K mile '64 Riv. if interested. The ends are nice & tight like new.   I will install grease fittings so it should NEVER wear out.  The ONLY THING I have to caution about is to ONLY USE A HAND GREASE GUN WHEN LUBING.   If a high pressure gun is used, like at most oil change places & garages,  it will blow it apart.

Would be the same if you had yours rebuilt.  The center link was NOT provided with grease fittings from the factory for this reason since it doesn't require the same amount of movement that other suspension components use/need.

Tom T.

2 hours ago, jframe said:

Got all four of mine from Coil Spring Specialties. Great service, decent price, and turnaround was good as well.

2 hours ago, jframe said:

Got all four of mine from Coil Spring Specialties. Great service, decent price, and turnaround was good as well.

Thanks Jframe

i just ordered springs from Coil Spring Specialties 

• Like 1

George,

When you contact Coil Spring Specialties, do you refer to the H2 suspension package spring, or does Coil Spring Specialties not realize that Gran Sport did not come with the suspension package unless ordrered separately.  Have they begun to generalize that all Gran Sports came with the H2 suspension as part of the A9 Gran Sport package?  This is definitely a misnomer.

• Like 1

From my conversations with CSS, there's no need to specify GS or H2.  Rather, talk in terms of spring rates.  They can (they say) make you a set of springs at a specified rate that will put your car within 1/4" of the target height.  Which means that if you want something firmer than H2, or something between standard and H2, you can have that.  Why not get exactly what you want?

• Like 1

Kevin and I have referred to the h2 suspension package springs as GS springs for the longest time, just our nomenclature together.  The springs lower the height of the car to (measured from the ground to the middle of the fender lip)  to 24 inches front 23 inches rear. Gives the car a good stance and certainly improves the handling.  The Bilstein shocks are multivalved so really control the dampening action

• Like 1