Sign in to follow this  
Cokekid

Narragagansett Reproductuon.?

I am trying to buy some wiring from this place and when I go to their website to down load their catalog it won't let me do this. Has anyone been able to do this or is the web page down.?

Gerry

Posted (edited)

If you google them it appears that the owner passed away in 2018, and unfortunately there are nothing but bad reviews on them since.  Have you thought about calling them to see if they answer?  Their Facebook page hasn't been updated since that time either.  Some red flags.

Edited by 39BuickEight (see edit history)

Billy

I have in the past dealt with them with good results. Maybe with the passing  of the owner things may have turned for the worse. I will give them a call tomorrow.

Thanks 

I have used Rhode Island Wiring in the past and had no issues with them. 

They're helpful and have quality harness's. 

Good luck George.

I got someone to answer the phone a few months ago, said business was tied up by state wanting taxes, and the survivors were trying to re-incorporate in Delaware. They have always been good to me.  I hope they make it.

Abe

A few years ago I purchased all my wiring and looms from Rhode Island Wiring, great stuff and it fit and worked perfectly.  I had previously talked to Narragagansett at one point, but I didn't like the attitudes or the service they didn't seem to offer.  Also their prices were higher.  If the owner died and no one qualified took over you don't know what you'll get.  A lot of the suppliers of our parts are individuals dedicated to helping us, but when they're gone it's a much different story.  Rhode Island Wiring has all the wiring diagrams to go with each wire loom they construct for each vehicle, making it easy with color codes on the wires to go to the correct places.  Good luck with it!

The son is trying to straighten out the business since his dad died a year ago.   I used the number on their facebook page 401-364-3839, had to call several times, but he finally called me back and he sent me what i ordered in really good time, like others have said before, he treated me right.  Rhode Island Wiring was started years ago by a relative so maybe that is the way to go until Narragansett gets reestablished.