36 Zephyr Dash Controls

Chuck Pierpont

More on project Zephyr  at Austin Speed Shop.  Again, this is not my car but, a build I was assigned to.  It was put together by other people, blown apart and painted and my task is to put it back together. The people that did all the previous work are not longer there, and no one seems to know much about what is what. I am not an old Ford guy so, this is quite a challenge for me.

I am having a hard time determining what went where originally in the dash.  I found the attached pic and added the text to show what I believe is the correct id. of the knobs.

Am I right?  Also, it has an odometer reset cable with a small knob, where is that supposed to be placed?

Zep  1937-lincoln-zephyr-dash-detail.jpg

Hi Chuck,  Im a 38 LZ person but as its 18 hours since you asked Ill jump in.
The 37 dash layout looks sensible to me. The  odometer  trip knob on my 38 is  fixed in a slot under dash panel on left or right of center consul. Assume 37 is similar. 
 Look for a slot under there in the dash metalwork, there may  be one each side, the second one would be  for clock setting cable. 
The experts should jump in now.
.How about a complete pic of whole car, maybe its a Street rod,  hence the silence.
  Enjoy the project,
Roy 

• 2 weeks later...

It is a car being built by Austin Speed Shop.  I guess you could call it a street rod.  I do not see what difference it makes what you call it.  More of a hot rod but, sure not an original type restoration!
It is a '37 that will be powered by a 4 Duce "56 Lincoln 368 Y block with a 700 4R trans,  9 inch Ford rear end, 4 link with coil overs, manual rack with coil overs on the front.    Anyhow, I figured out all the dash stuff.  

Z 1.jpg

lincoln 3.jpg

• Like 1