FS: 1924 Cadillac V-63 Two Passenger Coupe

• Year: 1924
  • Make: Cadillac
  • Model: V63
  • Price: 50,000 OBO
  • Description: 
  • Exceptionally Rare 1924 Cadillac V-63 Coupe with 314.5ci V8 that produces 80hp. Originally stored and found in Japanese classic car museum. 
    Minor parts replacement during restoration. Mostly (95%) original parts. Replaced original parts are also available. The car was stored in a garage and in great condition. Check the link for photos and videos of the car. 
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/107023669@N03/rmjWT4
    Contact me for financing options.
  • Contact Information: Email me at fomap2102v2000@yahoo.co.jp (Ken)
    • DO NOT contact me with unsolicited offers
    • dsc01300_47815870851_o.thumb.jpg.9b322d16c4537501250a500f7bce7df3.jpg

dsc00983_47026337634_o.jpg

dsc00985_33938630688_o.jpg

dsc00986_33938630678_o.jpg

dsc01302_33938623298_o.jpg

dsc01303_47815870671_o.jpg

dsc01304_33938623238_o.jpg

dsc03503_47763639042_o.jpg

dsc03507_47763638952_o.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

Landaus are mounted upside down. Center hump goes up.

It's also on the wrong side - should be on passenger side, so assume the one on passenger side should be on driver side.  A common mistake - Model A Ford Sport Coupe is the same and it drives me nuts when they're wrong!  :wacko:

A far as I know all landau bars are mounted hump side up except hearses where the faux landaus are usually hump side down. If it were a real folding landau on the Cad and it was mounted as shown the landaus would protrude out the back of the car when folded since the bars fold together toward the side without the hump. Trust me on this, we have made more than a few sets of landaus for various convertible top restoration projects over the years.

As usual premium conditions to store it in now.  (shaking head)  Come on sell the thing if there is still a taker that wants a big project out there before it composts itself.  

As for the original Caddy in this thread beautiful looking car and money well spent above a big project like the one just mentioned. 

So out of all the ones you have saved how many have composted to death and how many were actually saved?  

Good thing labor rates are dirt cheap in other countries because restoration costs anywhere in the US that use legal labor would prevent most of the cars you have from ever being reborn. 

If that storage was so dry how did all the paint fall off that car and it rust so much?  I know the dry garages I  have had cars with no paint in for 10 years never even flash rusted.  It's the damp ones that tend to turn them to Iron oxide. 

5 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

So out of all the ones you have saved how many have composted to death and how many were actually saved?  

Good thing labor rates are dirt cheap in other countries because restoration costs anywhere in the US that use legal labor would prevent most of the cars you have from ever being reborn. 

If that storage was so dry how did all the paint fall off that car and it rust so much?  I know the dry garages I  have had cars with no paint in for 10 years never even flash rusted.  It's the damp ones that tend to turn them to Iron oxide. 

Me and many other people are happy that your family saved all these cars so long .of course rust and humidity are a big problem .The main thing is where are these cars stored .in what climate .When i see a building in an area with lots of green and trees then i know rust will be a problem no matter how good the building is .Humidity is to high in such areas .The best thing is a wooden building as the wood alsoo absorbs some humidity .In a stone building sometimes the water drips of the cars in wintertime .Cars with no paint sitting for 10 years in in a moderate climate and staying  rustfree without air controle  is day dreaming .

No heat wood framed garage with some air flow but sealed up fairly tight in the winter to prevent condensation on those ridiculous warmups on a concrete slab with a poly barrier.  It's not dreaming,  it's reality.  It's all in where and how you build your storage building. Air flow inside is also key if it's concrete to keeps parts dry.  Did it with my old cement shop and parts I blasted.  2 commercial ceiling fans that ran 24/7 - 10 years no paint and no flash.  That's in the Northeast.  Same climate as the above caddy was stored in. 

Only keep what you can store properly,  sell the rest reasonably to someone that can care for the overflow. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

Speaking as an outsider (without irony) I would say Americans’ finest traits are their courtesy and civility. And now I am going to wrestle the topic back to the original post: if anybody goes to the link of additional pictures, they will see that the car has some interesting, rare, original bits on it. Mufflers for instance. Gabriel snubbers still hooked up. And leather gators over the springs that look like they have not been unstitched ever. The brake and clutch pedals have a hard rubber layer I have never seen. Why am I interested? Because, like Cadillac Carl, I own an underappreciated 1924 V63 touring. Don’t know if I will undertake a comprehensive restoration on a working car. I know I would not get my money out — even doing a lot of the work myself. But I’d have a car I could be proud to drive around in (slowly). Richelieu, by the way, means place of riches. True!

• Like 1