Do I have the oldest known Plymouth??

Travis Rankin

From the information I’ve found from June 14, 1928 to July 1st they made about 3500 model Q cars which they called the 1928 model Q and then from July 1st to January 2nd 1929 they made about 62,000  more cars which they called the 1929 model. 

Sure seems to me that this car would have been made in that first week of production and the end of June 1928 with this engine being #1265

(Q176265)

Edited by Travis Rankin
Spelling edit (see edit history)

1929 was a model U also 1930 carries the model U, then 31 PA PB then 1932 PB and on, 1929 was first production year 1928 was still being made under the chrysler flagship in 1929 plymouth became its own brand look at emblem the 1928 Q will have plymouth by Chrysler Motors the 1929 U emblem just says Plymouth

• Like 2

there is a plymouth that has been just restored that is credited as    THE OLDEST PLYMOUTH          in the bulletin last year     contact plymouth club      if it is the oldest they will be interested in hearing from you     and may want to do a spread on your car

3 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

FEDCO number on the dash??

That would help confirm. But the engine number given, Q176265, is pretty low: 1266th of 67483 built so the engine likely originally shipped with a pretty early car.

Hello,  I believe the oldest know Plymouth was somewhere around car #700.  There has been several articles about this car in the Plymouth club magazine in recent issues. However you do have a early car.  I am getting ready to list a mint pair of front and rear bumpers and irons for this car.  I also have many Q parts.  It will be a labor of love,  Don  740-816-4284

• Like 1