Starter Bendix

Hi,

my starter on my 1925 Chrysler 58 stopped working. For some I knew where it belongs, but the little spring and pad, or what it is, I do not know. do you have any schematic of individual parts for DELCO starter with Bendix so I know where it belongs? Or does anyone have the entire Bendix for sale?
Thanks for the help

marbeton

IMG_1233.JPG

IMG_1234.JPG

IMG_1235.JPG

IMG_1236.JPG

Many/most people call a starter drive a bendix but there are two types and yours is an overrunning clutch drive.  With the starter number it should be easy to get the correct drive as the same drive fit multiple cars.

Two types of starter drive mechanisms in common use are the Bendix drive and the overrunning clutch drive.

The overrunning clutch is a roller-type clutch that transmits torque in one direction only by either a foot pedal or a solenoid and freewheels in the other direction. This allows the starter motor to transmit torque to the ring gear, but prevents the ring gear from transferring torque to the starter motor.

A Bendix drive is a type of engagement mechanism used in starter motors of internal combustion engines. The device allows the pinion gear of the starter motor to engage or disengage the flywheel of the engine automatically when the starter is powered or when the engine fires, respectively.

download.jpg

Bendix - Copy.jpg

Thanks for the description. But I need the DELCO catalog, which also contains the part number of each component. Then I could look for a specific part. Can't anyone send me a scanned part where the starter parts are? It's not at all in the Chrysler master parts list.

Thank you

marbeton

Hi Jeff,
it's great that you have a new Bendix drives. Can you send me his photos and the price including shipping?

Unfortunately I do not speak English well, so we do not speak the phone. Google translator will help me the most. 😀
Thanks
marbeton

Hi maok,
Thank you so much, this is exactly what I needed. In my starter, I found only the remnants of one spring support, and I didn't know there were to be a total of two pieces. But in addition, I found there remains of one very small spring ( you can see in my pictures),  which is not even in your picture. Do you know if she belongs to something and what she should do there? Do you still have a picture to find out?

I would like everything as an original from the production and therefore I look for what to be right.

Thank you

marbeton

19 hours ago, certjeff1 said:

According to my Bendix catalog that should be a Delco 712D starter and it takes R11X Bendix drive. I have complete NOS Bendix drives for that starter. Give me a call 1-440-439-1100 8A-5P ET M-F .

Jeff

I would be interested in one mate. Would you post to Australia?

12 hours ago, certjeff1 said:

Yes we can ship to Australia. What is your application or is it the same as this post?

Awesome mate, it's a '28 Chrysler series 62, looks to be the same according to the above reference - R11-6X.

• 2 years later...

I am based in the UK and I am looking for a complete Bendix assembly for my CAV starter motor. The spring has a part number L13-6X. The armature shaft diameter is 0.802”. The pinion has 13 teeth. I am sorry I don’t know the part number of the complete assembly. Application Vauxhall 30-98 & 23-60 1923 - 1927. I am interested in complete assemblies and any additional spare parts.

The pictures are of my completely worn out one from the car. The flange behind the pinion became detached from the pinion. Prefer through bolt type but anything you have please get in touch.

0F3C7466-70FA-4FFD-8434-5D566F9A074C.jpeg

47F030DD-136C-4DFD-9491-A3DF3EEDE18B.jpeg

• 6 months later...

I am still looking for this Bendix assembly. There is a telephone number for Jeff above but this doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have a contact for him or someone who can supply Bendix pinion parts?