Fitted my VacuumTank 27 Dodge Touring

NZStuart

Replaced my electric pump and fitted a vacuum tank and car started first time very impressed didn't even really turn over just fired right up. But a question I fitted a fuel filter which has glass body and I can see fuel flowing and when fuel is being pumped (sucked) the car runs rough and almost stalls if idling but as soon as tank is full and vacuum shuts off idle is back to normal. Is this expected behaviour?

Stuart

More details on your system please.

I am not sure how you can run the vacuum tank and an electric pump.

The vacuum tank causes fuel to be drawn into the holding tank and monitored by a float providing fuel to the carburettor via gravity.

fitting an electric pump provides fuel under pressure as the carburettor float lowers

Any electric fuel pump would need to be under 2 psi but still not both pump and vacuum surely?

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I removed electric pump that previous owner had installed. I sourced a vacuum tank stripped and cleaned it and then fitted to car. As I said tank seems to run fine as far as pulling petrol from the tank but engine idles rough then tank is working and refilling. Seems to suck for about 10 seconds every minute rest of time it appears fuel is being drawn from the vacuum tank until level drops and then is starts sucking from fuel tank again.

Stuart

This is normal at idle when the vacuum port is opened to draw fuel from the tank is drops the vacuum for the engine. ( like having a vacuum leak ) when the port closes then t engine returns to normal vac.  You may not notice it above idle...