Have not been able to find much information about this car as far as value.  restored 30 plus years ago by owner.Runs and drives twin ign 8 . Any information would be help full.

thanks Mike

20190807_142026.jpg

20190807_141542.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well, for starters, WOW!  This is a very rare, and in my opinion, a very impressive car! Nash built these big "luxury" models from 1930-1934, so this represents the last year, but also all-new styling for 1934. It also represents perhaps the lowest production. For '34 they came only as various four-door sedans, on two wheelbases: 133-inch and 142-inch. This one, being a club sedan (with no rear quarter windows) is a really scarce and desirable item.

Just a couple of things you might already know: these cars have a 322 cubic inch straight-8 engine with 9 main bearings and two spark plugs per cylinder. They also have aluminum connecting rods. Being an ohv configuration, they featured some pretty impressive engineering for their day. They also have a worm drive rear axle, a 2-barrel updraft carburetor, and an automatic chassis lubrication system (with the main unit mounted on the firewall in the engine compartment.) One of their most unusual features though, is that the windshield wipers are driven by a large flexible cable from the engine camshaft - much like an oversize speedometer cable. Add to all that their flamboyant styling, and you have a very unique, high-style package. Lots of people don't even know Nash ever made these high-end models.

These big Nashes are recognized by the Classic Car Club of America. I'm not very "up" on car values, but I'd love to hear more about this car. You see, I have one too, only mine needs a complete restoration, and it's not a club sedan. It doesn't have sidemounts, either.

Is this your car? Got any more pictures?

Jerry K

Edited by nashtwin8 (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, George Albright said:

Nice car. I would be a buyer at $7,000. George Albright,Ocala,Fla.  cell weekdays 10-4 EST 352 843 1624  email  gnalbright@gmail.com

Who wouldn't want to buy that car for a fraction of its actual value? Sign me up for two at $7000!

• Like 3

The market is soft now but that seems down right spongy. I'm looking for my next project.  Let us know what you come up with for a price. 

Do you have more photos?  There is going to be a price difference and maybe quite significant between a nice correct interior and a mouse hotel.  

What State is the car in? 

The car is in running and driving condition.  I am going to wash it clean it up and get more pictures in the next couple of days.

Thanks Mike

PS  Thanks for all the information and opinions.

Edited by rustrodsrule (see edit history)