markgoffengel

FS. 1934 Buick 56C - convertible coupe

Hi Everyone

Let me start by saying... I own an UNRESTORED1934 Buick 56C. Buick's 50 series 2 door convertible for 1934. Due to a computer malfunction I no longer have any photographs of the car, and I currently live in Northern California. The Buick is in storage in Pomona, California, in a container, and has been there for 18 years. I bought the car 20 years ago from a seller on the east coast, and had it shipped across the country. Not really sure why I bought it, it just had this crazy amazing look to it, and I have a thing for depression era cars. The Buick was found in a field, and used to sit under a wooden structure. At some point the structure was removed leaving the car open to the elements. That is pretty rough life on a car with a wood body frame! But she is mostly all there and still is a stunner, (in an incredibly artistic way, lets call it fabulous patina!) even though time and the elements have taken their toll. With a total production of around 589, there are not to many left around. Here is a link to production information for the 56C in1934... http://www.classiccardatabase.com/specs.php?series=14&year=1934&model=2449

We are currently in the process of moving to Europe, to take on a large home restoration, with the goal of becoming Inn-Keepers, a whole story in itself! I do not want to take the Buick with me. The car needs a new home. 

My problem with parting with it is that I am exceedingly worried it will be turned into a hotrod! I don't think this car deserves that. I know exactly how much a proper restoration would cost, and it is daunting. 

I am open to any offers, and I will go as far to say that I will consider giving the Buick, free of charge, to a truly interested party who can promise a bright future for it.

If you are interested please drop me an email and lets talk.

My best to you all!

Mark

mark@goffengel.com

• Like 2

Mark , you are going to be busy answering emails ! Thanks for posting it here , there are a lot of Buick guys here.

I'm past the age of doing a complete restoration , but you are sure to find someone who feels like you do about the car.

Good luck on your new venture.

1 hour ago, markgoffengel said:

....with the goal of becoming Inn-Keepers, 

You wouldn't happen to be relocating to Torquay by any chance? 😂

Hi Greg

No, we are moving to the south west of France, the properties available are incredible!

As much as I adore England, always have to think about weather, and the length of the "season". Although, with the way our climate is changing, perhaps England will be the new  European wine country very soon, so maybe we should reconsider!  :)

• Haha 1

Going to be hard to sell without photos. Unless you accept a very low offer

Mark,

I'm only an hour away from Pomona and I'm heading over there Monday. Is the car at all accessible without you having to make a trip down here? If so, I'd be happy to take a few pictures to share.

Greg 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 1939_Buick said:

1939_Buick

Alas I know... No photos available at this time. But as I said in my original posting... I am willing to give the car away I just don't want to it rodded!

2 hours ago, GregLaR said:

Mark,

I'm only an hour away from Pomona and I'm heading over there Monday. Is the car at all accessible without you having to make a trip down here? If so, I'd be happy to take a few pictures to share.

Greg 

Hi Greg

You are very kind! But I could not ask that of you without paying for your time and effort! With that said, if you are game???  I will need first to locate the key to the lock on the container, its been a few years! I could send you the key... I could arrange with mobile mini to bring the container out of longterm storage... bigger issue... tires! I am sure they are all super flat!!! I would hope they would hold air long enough to roll her out for pictures, and back in again. Think on this, and give me an amount that would be fair to you in payment. 

I sincerely thank you!

Mark

PS... mark@goffengel.com

PPS...the car does have a name... given to it by my ex... RHOS (AKA, Rusting Hunk OF Shit).   :)

7 hours ago, roysboystoys said:

Mark , you are going to be busy answering emails ! Thanks for posting it here , there are a lot of Buick guys here.

I'm past the age of doing a complete restoration , but you are sure to find someone who feels like you do about the car.

Good luck on your new venture.

Roysboystoys

You are a gentleman and I think you for your encouragement! 

Mark

9 hours ago, 1939_Buick said:

Well, if I'm reading this correctly, he's willing to take the lowest offer I can imagine, he's mentioned giving it FREE to a good home.

I can't believe someone in the area wouldn't jump all over that.  It would finally answer the question "Gee, if they gave the car to you free, could you restore it and come out even or ahead".

The answer is probably not, but that's not what this hobby is about.  To bring this one back to life would be a rewarding challenge.  I'm sure it's as rough as a cob, but it's FREE!!

I think this is the first pre-war open car I've ever seen on this forum associated with the word FREE.

• Like 1

Mark,

Thank you for the offer but I certainly would not accept or expect payment just for helping a fellow enthusiast out in a situation like this. I go over to Pomona regularly so that's not a problem at all. Unless the car is in a very tight container, I would attempt to just take the pictures in place, rather than worry about airing up old rotted tires and rolling the car out and back in. I'm pretty sure we can find an easy way to make this happen. I will PM you my contact info and see if we can help you find the right home for this diamond in the rough.

Best, Greg

• Like 2