Sign in to follow this  
Matt Harwood

1933 Buick 90 Series Club Sedan

Posted (edited)

I am not too keen on advertising a car being sold by my former business partner, but if any of you are like me and a '33 90-Series Buick is on your must-have list, he has what appears to be a decent one. It's a desirable club sedan in good shape and appears to be mostly original with some fluffing along the way. I don't know details. I will say that if I had not wiped myself out financially with The Car That Shall Not Be Named, I would go over to his shop and try to buy this Buick. Full Classic, extremely rare, desirable club sedan, and in the right kind of condition to buy and fix up and come out ahead later. If it's usable as-is, this is as close to a slam-dunk as you get in the pre-war car world.

Don't hem and haw, don't waste time with "If only I had the room," or "My wife won't let me," or "If only I were 5 miles closer!" If you like it, I would be happy to go look at it for you; I'm local and I'm friendly with my ex-partner so he'll let me see it and drive it no problem. I can also help with shipping and logistics. My time is valuable but I'll do this free of charge for a Buick friend who genuinely wants this car.

I only list it here because I'm kicking myself that I can't have it, but I would very much like one of my Buick friends to have the opportunity. The price is right at $37,900 and like I said, this is THE early '30s Buick to own and potentially a FANTASTIC car. Let me know if I can help!

http://www.vintagemotorcarsusa.com/vehicles/details_new.php?id=592

001.jpg

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 7

Wow, that's a great car.  I've always been a fan of the 90 Buicks.

I would comment that I don't think all that interior is original, think the seats and back doors at least have been redone.  Still, if it's good mechanically, you could have a ton of fun for only a quarter ton of money with that car.

And I do agree, when shipping cost across country is probably 5% of purchase price, if you want it buy it.....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fabulous rare car. I have to agree that the upholstery and door panels do not appear to be original, nor is the carpet on the front floor. I wonder if this is the one that was owned by Sandy Jones in northern Colorado. His was all original, but had moth damage on the original upholstery, which could explain why this one has been redone inside. He passed a couple of years ago and the car was for sale by his wife. I would love to own it, but alas, it is beyond my budget unless the seller wanted to take a '32 56-S in trade.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TX.

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

I believe both of Sandy's cars were limousines or 7-passenger sedans, not club sedans.

I should note that I have not seen this car in person and don't know anything about it beyond the fact that I wish I could have it.

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Matt' I agree on the "wish I could have it" comment.  As a good friend States, we make our choices, a lot of people could "choose" to own this, including us, but we make alternate decisions...

Matt, I quit the hem and haw routine five years ago when I made the decision to send the earnest money check to purchase the late David Corbin's 1939 Roadmaster 81.  I've never looked back. What a companion car to my 1949 Super 51--one that I've owned since 1978. I truly have fun with both of them. We all have a limited time on Earth to enjoy these cars!

• Like 3

Matt is right. Both of Sandy's Buicks were series 90 limited cars.

I had a chance to ride in the green on several years ago when I visited his home in Ft. Collins.

I found him to be a fine gentleman in every sense of the word and we corresponded regularly.

He was a treasure of information as I brought my '40 LTD out of hibernation.

I know his wife was trying to sell the black one, but I have not learned of her progress.

Mike in Colorado