Sign in to follow this  
md murray

the black '34 Lincoln KA is back!

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/hf19/hershey/lots/r0007-1934-lincoln-model-ka-four-door-sedan/751383

-I remember folks discussing what a great value this car seemed to be when it sold for a very modest sum @ auction roughly a yr ago? I wonder if someone is just flipping it or if the new owners were disappointed with it? Great looking car with a cool story-eager to get a look at it here on the east coast!

Same photos. My guess is that the buyer was unable/unwilling to consummate the deal and RM is re-running it at Hershey to find a new buyer. That car is surely rougher than it looks in photos and they had to know that disappointment was going to be the primary emotion a new owner felt. This isn't a surprise to the auction guys and I guarantee it happens quite a bit.

Knowing what I now now about V12 Lincolns of this vintage, I would be skittish about buying one in that condition, regardless of price. I'd say that even if it sells for the "bargain" price of $25,000, you're still only halfway towards having a car you can actually use on tour, previous auction description notwithstanding.

• Like 1

When I read the previous poster comments on Lincoln automobiles  I always think of Mark Twain.

• Like 1